IGNORED

Interesting Ball Ram Mount

Rinkydink

They have been around for a while. One of the board members here [Randy Shields] gave me one a year or so ago for my 1150 RT

I bought the ones with four holes that match the shape of the reservoirs on my R1150RT. Rock solid. Just be aware that if you have the low-mount RT-style mirrors, whatever you mount on one of these might get in the way of your view.

Here’s mine , without the ball screwed in. Wanted it for my phone, but it seems there is less vibration on the Migsel than on the handle bars 

94F3B383-312E-4B81-BC3E-1000868A2F0F.jpeg

I have similar worries about something like this, that I do for my tank bag ring mount, i.e. repurposing something that BMW (or Brembo) engineered for one purpose, for something entirely different.   This isn't like attaching something to something sturdy, like an engine mount.  That aluminum on the brake reservoir is softer than steel, and can fracture.   A good knock on the ram mount could damage the brake reservoir, or allow air inside, even if you didn't notice the damage.

Of course, it's one of those YMMV thingys, I'm fine with whatever someone else wants to try on his bike, and I might even look into this myself, but the potential brake damage does give me a bit of pause.  

szurszewski
38 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

I have similar worries about something like this, that I do for my tank bag ring mount, i.e. repurposing something that BMW (or Brembo) engineered for one purpose, for something entirely different.   This isn't like attaching something to something sturdy, like an engine mount.  That aluminum on the brake reservoir is softer than steel, and can fracture.   A good knock on the ram mount could damage the brake reservoir, or allow air inside, even if you didn't notice the damage.

Of course, it's one of those YMMV thingys, I'm fine with whatever someone else wants to try on his bike, and I might even look into this myself, but the potential brake damage does give me a bit of pause.  

Well, you could just put it on the clutch side only - the clutch is really just a convenience feature anyway ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1