IGNORED

Weaverville 2022! 5/20-22/2022

RT Russ

Hello gang,

Yes, Patty passed away and things are in disarray at the Red Hill Motel. Something has changed in Sebastian’s world and he is not able to coordinate details for an event this year. I can sympathize with Patty’s family as well as our pal Sebastian BUTT being a self centered kind of guy I still want to ride so…..I made some inquiring calls today.

Patty’s daughter Heidi is trying to put things back together at the Red Hill and would love to host us next month. Things are in Disarray and she is trying to sort everything out. Reservations would need to be made via phone and payments may need to be made by cash unless she can make progress on electronic payments by then. Beware, you may get an answering machine at 9:00AM and a return call at 8:00PM like I did today. Heidi was a delight to talk to and would love to host us. She tells me that they are making improvements at the property and have  removed some undesirable elements that moved in after Patty passed. 
      I have made plans to ride the Weaverville area and plan to stay at the Red Hill Motel May 20/22. I hope that a few of you will choose to join me. If not I may show up with a hitch hiker/side piece to keep me company 😎

To summarize……….Weaverville 2022 (even if it’s just me and my side piece/hitch hiker) will be Friday, May 20 to Sunday May 22nd at the Red Hill Motel in Weaverville, California. This should keep us clear of the Torrey event as well as Memorial Weekend.  Weather should be wonderful. 

Heidi quoted rooms at $70.00/night including taxes BUTT again, my need to be paid in cash. I make no guarantees for the facility but Heidi is trying to keep the place going since her mother passed away and would love to host us again. I am going, will anyone join me?

Rt_Russ

Red Hill Motel 530-623-4331

• Like 1
  • RT Russ changed the title to Weaverville 2022! 5/20-22/2022

I'm going to try to make it, but can't commit until around the 1st week in May.   Thanks for doing the leg work on this.

14 hours ago, RT Russ said:

... Friday, May 20 to Sunday May 22nd at the Red Hill Motel in Weaverville, California. This should keep us clear of the Torrey event as well as Memorial Weekend...

I'm pretty sure this is the same weekend as Torrey. If not, I'm gonna have to scramble to change my reservations! 

You know I’ve been wrong before 🤭. Perhaps I was thinking of the UnRally schedule typically being mid week, it’s been a long time since I’ve been to Torrey. None the less, I’m going to ride the Weaverville area. I don’t care to travel on holiday weekends so I would like keep the dates as posted rather than bump it a week. If anyone else shows up we will have a grand old time. If not I may look for hitch hikers 😇

Russ

Best wishes to all who can make it.  I cannot go in May.  Maybe in Jun or July. 

Weaverville is a great little town with super roads nearby

• 3 months later...