IGNORED

Scissor lift

KDeline

Will a scissor lift work with BMW motorcycles? Would like to get the cycle off the ground, but even with the price of the harbor freight lift, the weight and size of it makes it a hard decision to buy. Anyone using a scissor lift? Something like this, or other suggestions? https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-aluminum-atv-motorcycle-lift-63397.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12144811130&campaignid=12144811130&utm_content=117789284318&adsetid=117789284318&product=63397&store=485&gclid=CjwKCAjwi6WSBhA-EiwA6Niok9bcnvRE8VocwAPqnoqGxaxzqybxUOCUQlQxqZ9VmIN2FWpLfSnh3RoCdYEQAvD_BwE

The Fabricator

If you  are ok with a 600 lb MC tottering on this thing, it should work.  

For  polishing.

I have seen pictures of bikes on these things with wheels off, etc.

I have a HF motorcycle lift like the one I see advertised for $600.  I love it.

It does take up a good amount of floor space.  I suppose it could be tipped on it's side for some reduction of floor coverage.

I bought mine for $300, on sale a decade ago.  

That will probably never happen again.

On the plus side, if you buy one and decide you don't want it, you can sell it in a flash.

Not sure what bike you would need it for, but for my R 1200 C, I bought the steel one from HF and modified it with brackets to  support the bike off the bottom of the motor.   There are some brackets on the bottom of my motor which  I can use some bolts for.  The bike will sit fine on the bottom of the motor, but it is not steady enough for me, even with ratchet straps.   I wanted to lift it above the live to allow better access to the bottom of the motor.  The main use for it is to get both tires off the ground.  I do use a "service stand" which was made for the C, using the bolt brackets.  That service stand basically keeps the bike upright to change the oil.   One thing to note, the HF lift will need a few feet of clearance, Clarence, on the handle side.  I have to clear out a lot of things in my shed to use it.  With my work bench in there, it is still tight to manuver around it and the bike.   The photos are taken while it is in my garage, which is 30' feet away from the shed, with tool access.  I think I had a square tube across it to the blocks of wood for insurance of not tipping; my garage floor is not that level.

1727987323_20171029_120932(2).thumb.jpg.e9f34b3e69ca7a5a7d3ef07a815857c5.jpg

1911187675_20171029_115044(2).thumb.jpg.e31263c86e93b3ee18e98729a665f677.jpg

• Like 1

I use a similar lift for my 2003 R1150RT. The pads' spacing causes them to hit the oil pan and the center stand. I secure the bike to the lift using ratchet straps around the driver's foot pegs. I've had both wheels off the bike with it on this lift, no problem.