IGNORED

BMW Motorrad iParts 3D Printer

Go Cats Go

BMW Motorrad iParts revolutionises spare parts management.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0279598EN/bmw-motorrad-iparts-revolutionises-spare-parts-management?language=en

I was lucky enough to prepay for the iParts 3D printer that was announced in April of 2018. As you can see the press release came out on a Sunday and I contacted BMW Motorcycles of  Countryside in Countryside IL on Monday to place my order. I was told one of there allotment of two would be mine. When the Countryside shop closed in August of 2018 I was told that  BMW Motorcycles of Milwaukee would be taking care of the printer backorder. Well as luck would have it they closed in 2019. Mind you I prepaid for the printer. I was given the option of having the back order transferred to Mischlers BMW Motorcycles in Beaver Dam WI or having it transferred right to Butler and Smith in New Jersey. Lucky for me I chose Butler and Smith because Mischlers closed at the end of 2020. On my last phone call with the Milwaukee dealer I could hear some one in the background say “ tell him to call Udo Gietl” or “tell him to go to h#ll”. I’m pretty sure it was Udo Gietl. I’m still waiting for my iParts printer from Butler and Smith and I would like to hear from those who have the printer and how they like it. 

Thanks in advance 

Tom

• Haha 1

Works fairly well. A little slow, but that's to be expected from technology that is several years old.  Makes annual maintenance a lot less messy since I don't need to change the oil in my final drive, I just print out a new one.  Biggest drawback is that it cannot print a service manual.