IGNORED

El Paseo: November 7-9 in Cherokee, NC

David

More details will be coming later, but mark your calendars for El Paseo this fall: 7-9 November 2003.

From here forward, we'll try to get in a rhythm and plan on El Paseo for the second weekend in April and the first weekend in November every year. If those dates don't work for some reason, we can just change them as we need to. But both bracket the tourist season while generally avoiding bad weather (just ignore what happened this April!).

We'll be at the same hotel, where they are holding 50 rooms at $49/night for that Friday and Saturday evening (I figured some people would share). Mr. John Judge is excited about preparing another meal for us in the dining room. And Ken Insley is going to be suggesting some routes for us. It'll be fun to eventually have a stack of great routes to choose from.

Again, lots more detail later. But if you want to go ahead and get your room, call 828/497-2020 and mention BMWSportTouring.

For those of you who weren't able to join us in April, we had 64 folks there for a wonderful weekend of riding, eating, sightseeing, etc., from 19 different states. And if you've never been to an event organized by one of your online buddies, think of them more as an UnEvent. Someone announces a time and place to meet, does a little background organizing, and then we just let things happen. It's not a traditional rally. It's about riding a lot and getting to know the people you are riding with.

I hope you can join us!

Ohhhh! Now I have another decision to make. MOA rally, RA rally, 3B trip, El Paseo, Honda Hoot...ah cripes...too many great motorcycle events in my area this year! I can't do them all or my wife will divorce me and I'll loose my job. Oh the humanity!

Maybe I should rob a bank, quit my job, get a divorce, and ride baby ride! smile.gif

Hi David,

You should start numbering the El Paseo events.

By the way, I won't be able to attend El Paseo XIX, it's my 50th birthday tongue.gif

In,

GLWATCDR. tongue.gif

Looking forward to getting together and ride.

I again volunteer to sweep the slow paced ride. blush.gif

Thanks for the prep work.

cool.gif

PeterScottNJ

You should start numbering the El Paseo events.

Check the Calendar smile.gif

I'm in and I promise to not fall down blush.gif

PeterScottNJ

David, which hotel was this. That number is for a hotel group of about 5. Is the BMWSportTouring the "key" for them to know which hotel?

David, which hotel was this. That number is for a hotel group of about 5. Is the BMWSportTouring the "key" for them to know which hotel?

Peter, we were at the Best Western for El Paseo I.

I called earlier tonight, told the young lady I was with this group, and she ignored what I said and quoted the regular rate. I mentioned the discount again and she quickly informed me I'd need to call tomorrow when the management was there.

See you in November, Ken

David:

If something comes up to change the dates, Pat and I might be able to join the group. However, the planned dates are right smack dab in conflict with some year-end championship sports car racing at Road Atlanta. Don't change anything on our account, but she and I are committed for that race.

I guess I won't be able to pass this one up since we will be living down in Asheville by then smile.gif.

Looking forward to it !

RichEdwards

I guess I won't be able to pass this one up since we will be living down in Asheville by then .

Wow! That's great, Jim. The 65 of us could skip the hotel and stay with you! BTW, what will you make for dinner?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh, this is getting REAL tempting....

OK, I'm tentatively IN. cool.gif

Alright!!!! I knew you'd fold sooner or later. You are a very weak man when it comes to riding, chatting, and eating with us wonderful people.

Remember that good breakfast you and I had heading out of Colorado? We'll do it again! grin.gif

Alright!!!! I knew you'd fold sooner or later. You are a very weak man when it comes to riding, chatting, and eating with us wonderful people.

Remember that good breakfast you and I had heading out of Colorado? We'll do it again! grin.gif

Yes, I'm a berry berry weak man, but this summer has been a real drag. Personal stuff has caused me to cancel Charleston and the ride to B.C to see Kris's ironman. October kinda makes up for it as I'm turning Torrey/E.S./Falling Leaf into a 6000 mile trip. Nearly four weeks to rest up, and El Paseo is just a long day ride, so what the heck. Haven't met too many of the east coasters, and that's as big an attraction as the roads. Yeah, barring some natural disaster, thermonuclear event or something like that, I'll see you there!

Hey David, we did your dang El Paseo ride(s) last month...

AND THEY WERE GREAT!!!

Is 4 min 35 seconds good on the Dragon confused.gif

We were 2 up, pulling a trailer and it was raining... Oh yeah, we were on the GREAT WHITE WING BABY!!!! grin.gif

We stayed x2 in Cherokee and had a very nice time... But who turned on the oven and let the upstairs bath run over shocked.gif Damn it was wet and hot...

If you haven't been to David's Country... GOOOO!!!!!

Thanks again David!

ljv & mrs ljv

Hey David, we did your dang El Paseo ride(s) last month...

AND THEY WERE GREAT!!!

Glad to hear that! I'm very grateful to live in this part of the country. smile.gif

Just got back from N.C. smile.gif

If you are planing on following the EP I routes,

be aware that NC 215 is undergoing "resurfacing?" confused.gif

Delays, and LOTS of gravel. frown.gif

Don't know timetable for completion or lifespan of the gravel, but be forewarned and ride safely.

As usual, saw many bikes on the BRP. grin.gif

Much fun was being had by all. wink.gif

I rode 215 yesterday, as stated there is fresh OIL and GRAVEL on the first 3-4 miles heading north from 64 be careful . after the road starts heading up hill it is fine as everand the northern section down hill from the parkway is clear, can't wait till El Paseo 2

• 2 weeks later...

Peter, since you promise not to fall down and my RT has been repaired and my Collar Bone has now finally healed from being broken, I diffintiely will be there. I also promise that if anyone riding in front of myself should accidently go down they'll have plenty of time to get up or call an ambulance and be hauled off before I get there if you know what I mean. Just Kidden. I'm really looking forward to going back to Cherokee and completing a good ride. I really met a lot of great caring folks at the last ride, especially the couple that trailored me all the way back to Montgomery, Al. on their way back to Texas and Steve Herbert. Sure hope all of you guys in particular are going to be there. Lets do it. laugh.giflaugh.gif

I just spoke with the lady at the Best Western and she was really a super nice young lady and confirmed my reservations from Nov. 6 thru Nov. 9 at $49 per night. I thought I might check in a day early and practice up before Peter gets there. Take care Peter and really looking forward to seeing you and all the guys again. smile.gifsmile.gif

JR, Glad to hear your back in action after your spill. PJ was just asking about you the other day. Hopefully the next time we ride together we are ALL be on the bikes.

I guess I can't miss out on this one since I will be living in Asheville by then (9/21/04 to be exact).

Can't wait to meet a few more new faces and see some old ones...speaking of old...Marty, are you coming smile.gif

Jim,

No, can't make it. This old guy will be headed to phoenix for a desert ride on a 650GS.

So many places...so little time.

SteveHebert

November is too far away! Uli and I rode back from the MOA rally and really enjoyed some of them thar rodes in NC and SC!

I am looking forward to meeting AAflyer and discussing aviator stuff.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Reservation made. In and can hardly wait.

Probably will need to find a new slow group leader since Larry has all this track time under his belt now.

An old college friend is getting married that Saturday. Looks like I won't make it this trip. You guys have fun, and be safe! Too many bikes down last trip... frown.gif

Need a rough count for the event and dinner. There's another thread on this in this forum. I'm putting a note here in case some of you "subscribed" to this thread earlier.

Archived