IGNORED

K1200S Givi Top Rack Fitment

Sam_

Hey all - not sure if there’s a better place for this but I stumbled through the mobile site to get here so here’s where it’s going. 

Picked up a Givi rack for my 1200S that was said to fit a 1300S. As far as I can tell, it should be a direct swap. I take it home, and it’s pretty far off. The guy (who I’m seeing today to pick up more stuff) said he had it on his 1300R and it would fit the S. My reading says that’s incorrect. Can anyone provide more insight? I understand that what I have is incorrect. I guess my main question is: are the top racks the same for the 1300S/1300R and then the 1300S/1200S? Trying to figure out if it was misadvertised or I’m just an idiot. 

It’s a 2006 if it matters. 

Just to follow up - Givi does not make a top rack for the KS bikes. The grab handles prove to be too difficult to work around. Guy was nice enough to take them back since he had them incorrectly advertised. Was able to get a Sargent single seat + smuggler case and OEM shorty muffler from the 1300R that all fits so it all worked out in the end.