IGNORED

Grizzly Cafe for breakfast?

Groanup

Hi guys,

Just checking to see if there is any interest in meeting for breakfast in Wrightwood, between 8 and 8:30 am on Friday.

As long as we don't "dilly dally", we can still be in Banning by 11 or so, to meet up with the poor souls who want ihop for breakfast.

From there, it's three hours more to Ramona.

Anyway, that's my plan. I'll probably go the back way via Valyermo and Big Pines hwy to Wrightwood.

Let me know!

Dennis Andress
On 3/19/2022 at 7:05 PM, Groanup said:

Hi guys,

Just checking to see if there is any interest in meeting for breakfast in Wrightwood, between 8 and 8:30 am on Friday.

As long as we don't "dilly dally", we can still be in Banning by 11 or so, to meet up with the poor souls who want ihop for breakfast.

From there, it's three hours more to Ramona.

Anyway, that's my plan. I'll probably go the back way via Valyermo and Big Pines hwy to Wrightwood.

Let me know!

That does sound better...

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

450 miles AND breakfast with friends!

image.thumb.png.d08fc0ad3a184eb40c2147dcc2ba0d7c.png

That's a long day...

You can knock a hundred miles or so off that by sticking to Interstate 15, but I know how you are... :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
3 minutes ago, Groanup said:

That's a long day...

You can knock a hundred miles or so off that by sticking to Interstate 15, but I know how you are... :classic_biggrin:

I had this really interesting route to Banning all thought through...

I'll probably go as far as Amboy and swing west. Traffic around Twenty Nine Palms has always sucked.

I'm riding over to Joshua Tree to camp out Thursday night.  I'll meet Mr. Duck in Banning Friday morning.  The forecast looks wonderful!  Thank goodness for that!!!

Dennis Andress

I am. But, family called. Seems I was committed to be in Kileen, Texas on April 1st. So maybe I'm not. I'll figure it out in the morning.

56 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

I am. But, family called. Seems I was committed to be in Kileen, Texas on April 1st. So maybe I'm not. I'll figure it out in the morning.

You can get there from Ramona by then.  :bike:  Just make it an extended all inclusive trip.

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
11 hours ago, BrianT said:

You can get there from Ramona by then.  :bike:  Just make it an extended all inclusive trip.

The RS will need its 6K service pretty quick so I'd have to swap bikes somewhere. 

11 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

The RS will need its 6K service pretty quick so I'd have to swap bikes somewhere. 

Not a problem, I’m sure one of us would be more than willing to swap bikes……..

Don J

• Haha 2
Dennis Andress
2 hours ago, mrduck said:

Not a problem, I’m sure one of us would be more than willing to swap bikes……..

Don J

Would you have the service done too?

16 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

just buy a new one in Escondido!  tell Rudy I sent ya!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Would you have the service done too?

6k service is just an oil change.  Bring a filter and some oil with you and we'll do the service in the hotel parking lot.  :grin:

• Plus 1 1
Dennis Andress
35 minutes ago, BrianT said:

6k service is just an oil change.  Bring a filter and some oil with you and we'll do the service in the hotel parking lot.  :grin:

I changed the oil. Valves need to be checked and there's an additional screen for the TFT in a firmware update. This'll be the only time it goes to a dealer.

Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

WOW...GO DENNIS!

I-15 from Socal to Las Vegas can be intense. Traffic moves along around 80. Every 15 minutes or there'll be some bad ass passing everything on the road. And there's the occasional traffic jam brought on by a semi trying to pass. The regular Torrey crew has been staying an extra day just to avoid doing this on Sunday. That's why I mapped out the long way there, which would have worked just fine until plans changed (breakfast in Wrightwood). 

The trip home is another story

image.thumb.png.88b818877580dd8e407d30e65266b006.png

1 hour ago, Dennis Andress said:

I changed the oil. Valves need to be checked and there's an additional screen for the TFT in a firmware update. This'll be the only time it goes to a dealer.

You'd also need somebody with a GS-911 to turn off the nanny light.  Forgot about the nanny light.  Unless you did something funky previously on service, the valve adjustments on the RS are every 12k.  Or is this on the other bike?

Dennis Andress
16 minutes ago, BrianT said:

You'd also need somebody with a GS-911 to turn off the nanny light.  Forgot about the nanny light.  Unless you did something funky previously on service, the valve adjustments on the RS are every 12k.  Or is this on the other bike?

Well that's good news. For some reason I was expecting the valve check to be 6K. I've got a GS-911. 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:10 PM, mrduck said:

I’ll be meeting Hedstrom down in Littlerock, we’ll see ya in Banning……..

Don J

Jeez Mr Duck... it'd be good to see ya both there at the Grizzly.  I'll be making the ride on Friday up to Idyllwild then be heading back to the homestead.

Dennis, Will you be leaving at 0 400? Should give you just the right amount of time. And you'll have an appetite. 

On 3/23/2022 at 6:50 PM, Dennis Andress said:

Geez the peer pressure is getting to me……and if our esteemed Utah native guide is gonna ride  all this way just to have breakfast, I’ll feel guilty for not joining you guys…….save two seats😎

Don J

• Like 2
Dennis Andress
15 minutes ago, mrduck said:

Geez the peer pressure is getting to me……and if our esteemed Utah native guide is gonna ride  all this way just to have breakfast, I’ll feel guilty for not joining you guys…….save two seats😎

Don J

See you in the morning!

• Like 2