IGNORED

2022 BMWMOA Rally, Springfield, MO 16-19 June

So, is anybody interested in us reserving a group camping site at the MOA Rally?  If so, please let me know.  Ideally, respond here, and shoot me an email at scout6bmw@gmail.com.  Susan and I plan to be on site NLT Wednesday the 15th, after setting up on the 14th.  Looking forward to warmer weather soon!

• Like 2

I don’t know if I will camp or motel. It depends on the weather and if my gear is in useable shape.
I will keep a eye on the conversation.

RandyShields

Thanks, but have a reservation at the Best Western Coach House, a few miles from the site, with a number of riders coming in from NC, MI, PA and Canada.

• scout6 changed the title to 2022 BMWMOA Rally, Springfield, MO 16-19 June
  • 2 weeks later...

We'll be there Saturday but like some others, we will not be camping. 

But I'll keep an eye on this thread in case there is any sort of a 'meet up'. 

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I’m in again this year, but will need to confirm a little later since we may be taking the RV out west again this summer. Summers in the Pacific Northwest is hard to top. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I will be attending this year for the first time and as a new member of MOA. Yes, I have had an RT for 10 years or more but never joined or attended any rallies. I will be staying at the Quality Inn instead of the campground. 

I am looking for advice from those who have been to previous MOA events. Is it mostly attending seminars and enjoying entertainment in the evenings? Or do most folks go off riding during the day?

I will have been in Eureka springs from June 6 -10 with another club. Then I will find some riding after that; RoadRunner magazine has a shamrock tour in Hannibal ,MO. that looks interesting.

Taking advantage of recently retiring.

Cheers

Bob

• Like 1

Hi Bob.  People do all sorts of things.  Some rallies, we do day rides, and others, we just visit, look at bikes, visit vendors, and hit seminars.  To me, staying on the grounds at night to hear the bands is a big part of the rally.  Be sure to volunteer for something.  Susan and I will be at the bike wash / oil change area on Friday from 12-3.  Before you go, take a look at the area for rides so you can plan accordingly.  Looks like some great rides nearby.  After you sign in on site, go through the book/schedule they give you to see what you are interested in seeing as far as seminars - most run more than once, and mark off those you want to see.  If you plan to have something done to your bike (seat, lights, windscreen, other) see the vendors early to see if they can fit you in.  Contacting them now is a good idea as well (I have an appointment to have my seat adjusted at BMS on Wednesday).  Bring a backpack to store things you pick up around the site at registration, vendors, and seminars.  A small notebook and pen will help you keep track of what you learn.  Understand that camping at the rally is not really camping.  There are shower trailers, food and coffee available, as well as both indoor and portable bathrooms available.  Long time military service here, and I vowed to never camp, yet here I am camping.  Feel free to PM me.

• Like 3

I been to a few of the BMW-MOA Rallies and they are different then the events we have at BMWST.com. Our events concentrate more on riding and socializing.

The MOA International rallies has lots of vendors that specialize in Farkles and fit BMW Motorcycles. Also there are full days of seminars and I always have used the rallies as a way to educate myself with how to work on my bikes, or different type of gear, packing solutions and rider safety. Also the vintage bike show is top notch. 

My plan is always to do few days of riding before the MOA rally and then stay at the event and take in as many seminars as possible. 

Normally after the rally, I hightail it home, but this year I will be riding the slow, long way to West Virginia to the 2022 UnRally.

See you guys on the road or at either one of the two rallies.

• Like 2

I'm gonna pencil in the rally, never been to one and already off the schedule at work for the Un.  I'm not camping 24 years in the Infantry checked that block!  Hopefully it works out, looking forward to the trip.

Edited by MikeB60
Spellin
  • Like 1
Dave_in_TX
On 5/13/2022 at 4:03 PM, BobW03 said:

I will have been in Eureka springs from June 6 -10 with another club. Then I will find some riding after that; RoadRunner magazine has a shamrock tour in Hannibal ,MO. that looks interesting.

Cheers

Bob

I will also be in Eureka Springs Jun 6-10; I suspect for the same rally. I'm meeting up with a friend who rides a Concours.

Often, the MOANational rallybsite is picked because of facilities rather than good local riding. However, Springfield is on the northern edge of the Ozarks and does have good riding nearby.

Yup, I joined COG back in 95 when I had a 94 C10. Always a good time at their National rally even though attendance is only 200 to 300 people most years. I will look for you in Eureka Springs.

cheers

Dave_in_TX
2 hours ago, BobW03 said:

Yup, I joined COG back in 95 when I had a 94 C10. Always a good time at their National rally even though attendance is only 200 to 300 people most years. I will look for you in Eureka Springs.

cheers

I was at the COG rally in Cortez CO. I enjoyed the small size. I ride an R1250GS but if Cortez is any indication, we won't be the only BMW riders there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks.  We do not have enough members committed to camping to be able to reserve space in the Charter Club area (need 10).  So, Susan and I will be on site Tuesday afternoon to set up, and will have our camp set up on Wednesday morning.  R1250GS Rally and R1200R with Army Plates from Michigan.  Green Redverz tent. 

We will be working the bike wash/oil change area on Friday from 12-3.  Feel free to look us up there, or at the tent.

Enjoy the ride and the rally.

Rob

Rob - 

We plan to be in the area Thursday evening (staying at an Airbnb), ride down to Eureka Springs on Friday, rally Saturday, and start our trek home later Saturday. But if anyone is up for meeting for a beer Saturday, let me know!

Jim

• Like 2

I should be on the rally site Thursday and Friday. I may leave Saturday morning to visit family north of Kansas City. And sometime on Sunday slowly twist and turn my way to the UnRally. 

• Like 1

I'm signed up to volunteer Wednesday afternoon.  Camping that night and maybe Thursday night.  Have a motel Friday and Saturday.

• Like 1