IGNORED

Bone conductive, open-ear bluetooth headphones

Lowndes

Does anyone have any experience with these type devices, on or off the bike?? 

Years ago I had a Jawbone bluetooth earpiece for my cellphone that worked really well, transmitted your voice from a sensor on your cheekbone and eliminated ambient noise (supposedly developed for the military for loud environment communication).  The one below is for incoming sound that is transmitted to your cheekbone into the inner ear while leaving your ears open for other gear like ear plugs, ear buds, or my newest stereo system (hearing aids) and eliminating the wires for  the Entymonics.  The goal is to eliminate wind noise and earbud wires (that transmit wind noise) while riding.  Two concerns are sound quality and comfort under the helmet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BVYBS4J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.thumb.png.0e0de2b0fcc0d1a89614453093354221.png

Michiganr80rt

I have used the (discontinued) Shokz Titanium bone conduction headphones for a couple of years. I use them for walking and bicycling. They fit under a bicycle helmet but would not work with a motorcycle helmet. The sound is ok to good, not audiophile quality  but good enough for walking or riding tunes. I really like it on the bicycle since I can hear traffic while listening to music or podcasts.

• Thanks 1

They work better with earplugs in, blocks out ambient noise, which of course defeats the purpose of not wearing earbuds. Even so, you can still hear better than with earbuds. Definitely not motorcycle helmet friendly.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had a set of the Aftershokz Air2 since they came out. I love them for walking/exercising and for some conference call use.  IF I want to listen to music I could use them BUT it's not their strong suit.  No way in heck I could use them with a motorcycle helmet.

For me, bone conduction is  a great solution as the "in ear" buds have never stayed in place.  

Sounds to me like you need to look at some sort of custom, in-ear solution.  Good luck with your search!

• Thanks 1