IGNORED

Riding Motorcycles with Long COVID Symptoms (Brain Fog and Parosmia) - Moto Mouth Moshe Episode #68

moshe_levy

In February 2021, I contracted pretty bad case of COVID-19, and have been dealing with long haul symptoms like brain fog, short term memory loss, and parosmia (severely distorted sense of smell) ever since. Some of these symptoms obviously present challenges while riding motorcycles, and this video details how I'm dealing with these issues with varying degrees of success. (The parosmia is 95% cured, but my brain is still not as sharp as it used to be.) My intent here is to help other riders with similar symptoms, and to share information about what works and what doesn't in trying to get better. Note: If you want to skip my own COVID story and get right to the cures I'm recommending, fast forward to the 10:20 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Ab_1pTigs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good luck to you on healing.  Brother and sister-in-law, 70's, had it pretty bad. After 4 months, brother is at 70% but is at least off oxygen.  Sis, who has always been sharp,  has brain fog  and is losing all her hair.  Long covid can be a trial

Best wishes

Thanks. Others have it much worse, obviously. The good news is I cured my sense of smell. The brain, however, takes longer to heal.

-MKL

MKL...thanks for sharing your story.  It was quite informative.  I didn't know you had Covid, just thought you were taking a break from the board.  Godspeed in your journey back.  I think when you get back mostly to where you were, it will heighten your appreciation for all the things we take for granted.

You talked about the dizziness, Epley, and seeing an ENT.  I on occasion incur a condition called BPPV.  I understand the inability to stand or function.  In my case it brings on acute nausea such that I can't eat or drink for a couple of days.  It doesn't sneak up on me.  It always happens when I wake up so no danger per se.  The Epley Maneuver works for me.  A very close friend is a recognized top ENT and she taught me the Epley Maneuver.  It was and is a life safer.

All the best.  Keep writing and filming your progress.

RandyShields

Moshe, I just received my March issue of Rider, and read your difficult but ultimately hopeful story of Covid and your recovery.  Then I saw your video.  Thank you for writing and posting these helpful items.

We will continue to hope for your further progress, and look forward to more stories and videos in the future. 

• Like 1

Thank you both. It is true, you do appreciate things much more when you can't take your health for granted!

-MKL

Glad to hear that you are gradually recovering.  My wife and I managed to avoid COVID for two years by being very careful.  Like you, we figured we were bullet-proof.  And then I recently took my first trip in 2 years via commercial airline, and in spite of precautions along the way, contracted COVID.  Fortunately, the vaccinations seem to work by preventing life-threatening conditions.  However, I can attest to the general misery of it.  And thanks for the link to the treatment for parosmia, which is affecting my sister to a much lesser extent than yourself.  Hopefully, the essential oils treatment will help her as well.

Cap

• Like 1

My March issue of Rider just arrived.  Your article was nicely written.  I hope you continue healing and re-mastering your other motorcycles

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Danny caddyshack Noonan

Best Moshe,

I think I'm on the downhill side of a mild case after 4 1/2 days.  Unless the "Covid exit-wound" symptom goes away, won't be any riding at all.

moshe_levy
1 hour ago, Danny caddyshack Noonan said:

Best Moshe,

I think I'm on the downhill side of a mild case after 4 1/2 days.  Unless the "Covid exit-wound" symptom goes away, won't be any riding at all.

From what I understand (and experienced,) you really don't know what you're dealing with until at least a few weeks go by. For many if not most, much of it fades away. For the luckier few, some stuff remains.... Keep us posted!