IGNORED

Yep I Did It

Rinkydink

EDIT: I just realized This post should be in Shift-Cam not Wetheads. Moderators please move if necessary. 

I’ve pulled the trigger on a blue ‘22 RT Premium. Deal is not even 24 hours old and the farkling has already begun. Bike is still floating around somewhere on the Atlantic so no pics yet. It seems the older I get the more impulsive my purchases become.

My wife on one shoulder,  “Get what you want!”
My late father on the other, “Save your money!”

I initially considered selling the ‘17 RT and ‘21 XR outright but said screw it. Decided to just strip/sell/transfer all the farkles, take the hit, trade the bikes in, and be done with it. Haven’t actually signed the papers yet, just secured that the new bike is mine so who knows. I may change my mind on trading in and try to sell them. I have time. They are both fine bikes with no problems whatsoever. Anyone want a very nice RT?
I also pondered on waiting another year for the elusive 100th anniversary R1300RT 😳 but I’m not getting any younger and, well, you know. Throughout my BMW “career” I have always ended up with the latest or a later rendition of an RT’s model run.  I’ve had an ‘04, an ‘09, and a ‘17. The shift cam is now 4 years into production and hopefully they have most of the bugs worked out. With no local dealer, warranty work can be a real pain. The 4 1/2 hour ride to the dealership is what you’d call less than scenic. Its the price of admission I guess.  I will spend this weekend with each bike on the lift removing the goodies and strip them bare to fund new goodies. I’ll have a few things for sale here but the lion’s share will end up on the XR forum. This puts me down to only two bikes for the first time in eons. Here’s to spring!!

Onward and upward. 

• Like 4

Congratulations on the new bike. Even after all these years and purchases, getting a new bike is still a fun thing to do!

My wife on one shoulder,  “Get what you want!”

She's a keeper!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

Rinkydink…never wait. Buy what you want when you want. It’s kind of like that old saying of wish I had spent more time at work on your death bed

Ii wish I had bought X when I could have enjoyed it

Congrats

If BMW comes out with an R1300 special edition 100th anniversary bike, I’ll let you ride mine😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rinkydink, Congratulations!  I'm in the same spot, my 22RT is Mineral White Metallic with tube handle bars.  It's estimated to land in New Jersey Monday the 7th.  I have given my 14 to the dealership on consignment.  Congrats again and best of luck!      

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, strataj said:

Rinkydink, Congratulations!  I'm in the same spot, my 22RT is Mineral White Metallic with tube handle bars.  It's estimated to land in New Jersey Monday the 7th.  I have given my 14 to the dealership on consignment.  Congrats again and best of luck!      

If I could change just one thing it would be going to tubular bars. Enjoy

Congratulations!  I really like the new RTs not really a fan of black but the triple black edition would be my choice.  Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Rinkydink!  I can hear your smile. 

My 2022 RT arrived at the dealership yesterday, picking her up Saturday.

image_0(1).jpeg

• Like 6

Good things come to them that wait ....

... and wait

... and wait ...   👍

Congrats!   Now, go work out all those custom BMW bugs so the next guy doesn't have to.  And add loads of farkles, too!!   

(I can FEEL a used 2022 in my future, maybe about 2026!!)   🤣🤣🤣

(PS:  My wife says that it's good that you listen to YOUR wife.  And, your late daddy would have approved when he actually saw you smilin' on that shiny, new bike - you KNOW he would (even if he grumbled a bit to himself later.) 😁

46 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

Purty

lol, or mostly ... just "clean".

Only BMW's that are that clean come out of wooden crates.  🤣🤣🤣

Heck, the exhaust pipes aren't even blue yet.  Ya NEVER see an RT without blue pipe headers - just plain wierd!

RDL seat, Akra slip-on, Illium bar-backs, engine and pannier guards installed. Getting close. Only 12 miles on the clock and 36° at time of pic. 

39E5B33E-600B-4C95-B14D-6C7FEB479CB0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, Rinkydink said:

RDL seat, Akra slip-on, Illium bar-backs, engine and pannier guards installed. Getting close. Only 12 miles on the clock and 36° at time of pic. 

39E5B33E-600B-4C95-B14D-6C7FEB479CB0.jpeg

Hmmm, looks like your taking a test ride.  Tell us the truth.  You didn't *** REALLY *** buy a 2022, right?  You're just funning us.  I mean, how do we really know that it's YOUR bike?  Huh?  Huh??

More pictures are required.  A LOT more.  🤣

/sarc

( I mean, the RDL could have come as a stock upgrade, you know that! )