IGNORED

Shock Improvement

Shelterwoods

Shelterwoods

I have a small complaint about the performance of the shock on my R1250RS. I would like to increase the rebound damping, as when taking bumps at speed, there can be lot of kick at the rear. My bike is ESA equipped, and would like any information about how to improve this situation. A small problem, but would like to know a fix, and/or if others have the same complaint.

Del

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2022 at 6:39 PM, Shelterwoods said:

I have a small complaint about the performance of the shock on my R1250RS. I would like to increase the rebound damping, as when taking bumps at speed, there can be lot of kick at the rear. My bike is ESA equipped, and would like any information about how to improve this situation. A small problem, but would like to know a fix, and/or if others have the same complaint.

Del

Afternoon  Del

The place to start is try to determine if your rear hop is caused by too much compression stiffness, or even happening pre-compression. It might be hopping before the rebound is even in play. 

You might start by lowering your rear tire pressure as much as you feel comfortable with (especially if you ride with no passenger or very little load in the panniers.

If that then helps then it might give you a direction to look in. 

• 3 weeks later...
Shelterwoods

Dirtrider:

Tried your idea, and it made a difference. Lowered the pressure by 4 psi, and ride over my favorite bumpy, twisty road, and found less kick at the rear. 

Thank you.

Del