IGNORED

Shoei Neotec 2 questions

Skywagon

Have you been able to attach a Sena 20S EVO or similar to your Neotec 2...something other than the built it SRL.

Neotec 2 has been out a while.  Anybody know if a Neotec 3 or similar is on the horizon?

RandyShields
20 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Have you been able to attach a Sena 20S EVO or similar to your Neotec 2...something other than the built it SRL.

Neotec 2 has been out a while.  Anybody know if a Neotec 3 or similar is on the horizon?

I still use a Neotec I.  I have had a Cardo on it, mounted a little further back to allow for smoother operation of the sunshield lever.  

Don't know if a III is on the way, but I wouldn't doubt it if they want to keep up with the new Schuberth C5, which looks pretty advanced.

Thanks all. I’ve been hunting for a new lid for 6 months. I go to stores and due to shortages in various brands it’s been difficult. I have Neotec 1 now and like it except for weight. Store notified me yesterday they finally got a Neotec 2 in my size. Wanted to firm up using my SENA before I try it. I didn’t want to trust it to sticky tape

David,

Like Walton66 and RandyShields above I have a Neotec ll and with a Cardo mounted on the side with the spring steel "clip".  And it is mounted a little farther (or further??)  back to clear the black trim and  visor control.  It works. 

If you don't trust the Sena sticky tape mount what about 3M Dual Lock or similar?? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083JKBJWW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details   I have several cameras mounted with it and no problems.  Yes, it attaches with two layers of "sticky tape" but it's not just any "sticky tape".  You are supposed to stick it and "let it cure" 24 hours or at least overnight.  It "can be removed" but best place it where you want it to begin with.  And the "Velcro" part of it is tenatious, too with several different load ratings avilable.  

The biggest issue I had was mounting the Cardo "boom mike"  inside the cheek piece in the helmet.  If the  20S EVO  boom mike is very similar to the SRL boom mike it might fit in the molded-in channel in the hard plastic behind the foam cheek pads.  The Cardo mike does not fit the channel.  At first I just put it between the snap-in cushion and hard plastic.  It was always moving around, getting pushed by the visor opening and closing.  Afraid it would eventually fatigue the tiny mike wire I secured it.

Thanks Lowndes. I prefer to use a clamp like you did. I don’t mind it being back a bit

I love 3M dual lock. I bought a 100 buttons a few years ago and I have a small roll of it too. Wonder where I put it

The button are for my headlight protector. They occasionally give up on the glass light. I think it is the heat here. When on a ride/lunch a couple years ago in the dead of summer, I pointed my  heat gun at the light after it had been sitting in the parking lot for an hour. 145 degrees on the plastic shield.  They still are the best thing going.