IGNORED

2010 R1200 RT

bill lewis

love my beamer but has starting issue.  have already replaced starter, ignition relay and battery. for no apparent reason starter will not engage. can walk away for few minutes and will start like nothing wrong. any ideas anybody.

1 hour ago, bill lewis said:

love my beamer but has starting issue.  have already replaced starter, ignition relay and battery. for no apparent reason starter will not engage. can walk away for few minutes and will start like nothing wrong. any ideas anybody.

Afternoon Bill 

We need more info to help you with this. 

When did it start doing this?

You don't have ( EWS ) showing on the dash when this happens do you? 

Does it only happen cold (first start?), or happen after riding for a while then on a re-start?

Does it happen more if motorcycle left out in hot sun? 

It sounds a bit like the start pushbutton is acting up (not unheard of) but with the limited information you gave us that is just a SWAG. 

Next time it happens dump a bottle of very cold water over and on the start button, if that makes a difference then you know where to look.

On 2/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, 9Mary7 said:

:lurk:

(Anytime someone with a bike close to my year has "a problem", I too, get keenly interested, 'cause I figure that I'm next. 😂😖)

Hate to sound cold (ok like a dick) but a new guy asking for help on a forum should be a little more attentive to replies. :dontknow:

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1