IGNORED

Display reflections

Grouchy

Reading another thread about helmet colors got me thinking about a minor annoyance with my 2012 RT.

As with most bikes of that era, the LCD screen is not very bright. I often find helmet and jackets reflections make the screen unreadable. I stopped wearing a high vis jacket for this reason. My white helmet creates less problems but still distracts. 

Anyone here have any strategies they use?

I've tried non reflective screen protectors and that just made the screen dimmer.  I'm considering some kind of hood to shade the instruments. I've seen some on Amazon meant to shade tablets that might work 

On 2/25/2022 at 9:13 AM, Grouchy said:

Reading another thread about helmet colors got me thinking about a minor annoyance with my 2012 RT.

As with most bikes of that era, the LCD screen is not very bright. I often find helmet and jackets reflections make the screen unreadable. I stopped wearing a high vis jacket for this reason. My white helmet creates less problems but still distracts. 

Anyone here have any strategies they use?

I've tried non reflective screen protectors and that just made the screen dimmer.  I'm considering some kind of hood to shade the instruments. I've seen some on Amazon meant to shade tablets that might work 

Morning  Grouchy

Yep, it's a long known problem. My personal workaround is to just use my GPS for speed indication then only look at the dash when the lighting & reflections are favorable. 

• Plus 1 1