IGNORED

2016 r1200rs rear led turn signal

sonnee

Purchased 2016 r1200rs a couple of months ago came rear led turn signals. warning light tells me I have a tail light out and turn signals blink fast. Brought bike in to bmw dealer to get service and to see if they can remedy the problem. I was told the only way they can fix the problem was to put stock signal assembly back on . Any help with this?

1 hour ago, sonnee said:

Purchased 2016 r1200rs a couple of months ago came rear led turn signals. warning light tells me I have a tail light out and turn signals blink fast. Brought bike in to bmw dealer to get service and to see if they can remedy the problem. I was told the only way they can fix the problem was to put stock signal assembly back on . Any help with this?

Afternoon  sonnee

It is probably fixable by adding a proper load resistor to each side rear turn signal circuit. 

It is rather difficult to specifically advise you on how to do that without knowing a LOT more about your rear LED set-up.

My first suggestion is to try & figure out who manufactured and/or or sold your rear LED light assembly then give them a call as a lot of LED light-assembly-suppliers offer a resistor kit to help with a problem like you are seeing. 

2 hours ago, sonnee said:

I saw your post and thought I would offer some information. I also have a 16 R1200RS that came with R&G led turn signals front and rear  like these: R&G Racing Aero LED Turn Signals - RevZilla. These have worked correctly with no fast flash. The Revzilla website indicates that resistors should be or might be required and sells the resistors separately: R&G Racing Turn Signal Resistors - RevZilla. Two different resistances are offered. I cannot tell if my bike has these resistors without taking it apart but I would assume that it would. 

As a side note, I also have a LED license plate light and for that I had to add a 25w25r resistor for the warning light in the instrument panel to go out. 

Thank you Oldrider51. There is a fender eliminator kit on the bike not sure the manufacturer. Wont know until I get bike back in a couple of days. Will have to wait and see.I also have LED license plate light so not sure what is turning on warning light on the dash. Is it the LED turn signals or is it LED plate light ?