IGNORED

Tour around Japan?

Utazo89

Has anyone ventured around Japan with their own bike? I am talking about shipping the bike over, keep in storage, visit the country over and over, and discover every part of those islands.

I am looking for info on this. So, if you know someone who did it, or you are planning to do something similar, please write back to me.

I am talking about something like these guys did:

https://www.madornomad.com/welcome-to-the-land-of-the-rising-sun-part-1/

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha, they booked a Love Hotel  Some of those are themed rooms, some have vending machines, some, when you pay, the path lights up to take you directly to your room.  

Anyway, I toured Okinawa by bicycle, it was my own bicycle and I rode from tip to tip and all in between,.......to stay on topic.

It may be cheaper to actually buy a bike "if" you buy it near a U. S. military base.  On Okinawa for sure and I've heard that near Iwakuni as well, you can get vehicles cars and bikes, next to nothing.  Reason being is that when it's time to leave Japan, you have to sell your vehicle, some wait until the last minute and the price is ultra low or free. 

My Dad visited Okinawa in 1945, but it wasn't a social call.....

This was his mode of transportation and the very vessel he arrived on.  He passed away 33 years ago today.

USS Indiana, early 1944 in the Pacific

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1