IGNORED

Name that Plug?

Randyjaco

As I understand there is a round electrical connector under the seat(that looks like a GS911 plug) that is used to connect brake lights to top case lights. Can anyone give me a name/part number for the plug/connector that fits into it? (That would be the top case side plug.)

What are you attempting to do with it?

I looked on parts fiche and could not find anything.  I have the OEM 49L topcase that has the harness.  It powers the electric locking mechanism and auxiliary brake light.  You could call a parts dept to see if they can find out what that harness part number is to the electrified top case (49L).  I looked in my top case and could not find anything to be of help.

Randy,

The mating connector shell is BMW P/N 12 52 1 744 870, and the pins with pigtails are P/N 61 13 0 007 656.  I got them from my local BMW car dealer. They are used on the E46 throttle assembly.

• Like 2
On 2/14/2022 at 4:52 PM, Randyjaco said:

As I understand there is a round electrical connector under the seat(that looks like a GS911 plug) that is used to connect brake lights to top case lights. Can anyone give me a name/part number for the plug/connector that fits into it? (That would be the top case side plug.)

It sure would help knowing what year and model bike you're talking about...

FWIW, that looks like the OBD port on a pre wethead RT.

That connector was used on the wetheads up until 2017 when they switched to an automotive ODB connector.  My 2014 RT has the above style.  Wife's 2017 RT has the new style.

He has a '17 RT.  The plug he shows is for the harness connection to the top case, I believe.  The OBD connector is on r/s near the battery.  Am I right?

• Like 1

You would be right. I have a big Givi box that I would like to use from time to time. I also thought it would be a simple way to add a modulated brake light. I have been looking through a bunch of fiche and can't find anything.

Thanks, Karl, that looks like what I need

How does one add a signature with my bike info?

Go to the top of any page and click your name, then choose Account Settings, then in left column choose Signature, fill in what you want that will then display at the bottom of each post you make.  Please make it short.

• Like 1