IGNORED

New Dealer

MikeB60

Just saw that we are getting a BMW Motorrad dealer in Columbus, GA.  Never thought that would happen.  Unfortunately, the local powersports dealer is the owner.  We will see how this turns out.  

• Like 3

Georgia is oddly devoid of dealers but fortunately Wooly's Cycles of Atlanta is a great BMW dealer, they just happen to sell KTM, Husqvarna, and GasGas. They used to have Ducati but the sales numbers were so poor they just gave up the brand. Damn fine service department.

Blue Moon Cycle in Norcross dropped their BMW dealership awhile back and the group which took it over went under but they were North of Atlanta so having a dealer in Columbus will is good for some of those interested whose next closest was in Jacksonville

• Like 1

At one point, we had 3 in the metro Atlanta region, which included a powersports franchise in McDonough that had BMW.  Looking now, that does not appear to be the case.  Wooly's is great, but they will be busy for repairs due to new volume.  That is why learning my Shift Cam Tech from Brad made it worthwhile.  Unless something crops up that is above my pay grade, I will not have to worry about the wait time.  

• Like 1

The one in McDonough was a huge disappointment but FWIW I’ve never been disappointed by the Jacksonville store.  Now that the Greenville store has changed (now in Greer close to the Performance Center) I’d be curious what people think about it. Biggest issue with Wooly’s is the wait time so to my knowledge South Georgia folks are pretty much locked into Jacksonville, which again is good but it would be nice to find service on rides to the north as I aim for better and cooler riding in the summer months. 

Both of my current BMWs are out of warranty and I am capable of maintaining/repairing the bikes myself.  Not a lot of BMWs in the area either so not sure I will have much in the way of feed back on the service department.  If the service department is ran better that its powersports home shop there may be some hope.  Had a huge issue with them regarding an oil leak on the Spyder when it was under warranty.  Ended up taking it to Montgomery for resolution.  Haven't stepped foot in the place since that fiasco...  

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped by for a visit today.  Nice place, front of the shop is Indian, BMW and KTM towards the back.  Grand opening at the end of the month, BMW is sending down a demo truck for the event. The sales guy said they hired 2 experienced BMW techs   Seem to be good folks, as I was getting on the K bike to leave the General Manager drove over in a side by side.  Talked for a bit and he thanked me for stopping by. Hopefully they will do well.

20220304_110920.thumb.jpg.95b0c952726bba653facf457d6ea7d27.jpg20220304_105952.thumb.jpg.0b2392e976515b37dd50d69d215d1d7b.jpg

• Like 2

I might go by and check them out.  Free food at Grand Openings.   Just sayin'

• Haha 1

Alaska?   It ain't Spring time yet, so I hope it is warm enough for you.  

Sounds like a plan.   I would hate to show up to your new dealer without you being there.

I will keep an eye out for their website announcing the opening.   I would love some freebies.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome!  Maybe we can do a lunch ride.    If it is like it was at Wooly's in Marietta,  @Chris K may be buying lunch.  :lurk:

Deifinitely interested.  I may aim for Smoakie's in Cordele and miss a turn in Manchester, leading me to Columbus.  :yes:

fourteenfour
9 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Awesome!  Maybe we can do a lunch ride.    If it is like it was at Wooly's in Marietta,  @Chris K may be buying lunch.  :lurk:

Dare we ask why you are breaking out the popcorn?

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Waiting to see what Chris says about him buying lunch.  

Hey, it's on you this time. I offered to buy lunch on Saturday and you did not even show up! 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

…,,,,If it is like it was at Wooly's in Marietta,  @Chris K may be buying lunch.  :lurk:

Wait someone’s buying lunch?  Great!!

Thanks for the heads up :18: