IGNORED

Winterstop, first ever

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

First time in my life that I took the BMW out of insurance for a few months. My deteriorating physical condition and subsequent surgery made me decide to call it a winter..... no use spending money when not being able to ride.
But it DOES feel weird, looking at my GS in the garage and knowing I can not ride it...... not even for a few miles.

I hope the healing process will be completed by the time Spring arrives. According to the doctors I should be able to ride again, so fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, wishing you all happy riding for as long as possible !!

• Like 6
  • Plus 1 1

Hi Francois, good to hear from you:wave:

Have you considered a smaller bike?

Im really enjoying the size-weight reduction of my Zero DSR vs my old BMW 1150RT. 
Also the electric has many advantages over ICE (but unfortunately range isn’t one of them). 

Hoping you mend fast & proper. 

• Like 1
Francois_Dumas

Hi ESokolof, yes, looked at another bike little over a year ago. But with all the Covid restrictions here in Italy nothing much happened. No riding either. 

I guess I am not ready to give up on the GS yet. The one thing I would like is to trade it for an Ural with two-wheel drive, but Nina hates anything Russian, and won't let me, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hopefully I can get back on the road in a month or two.