IGNORED

School stuff,......

Rougarou

My wife is a 4th grade educator.  She has 'bout 29 students in her class.  That's the pre-amble.

Mid-December, she had to have surgery on her ankle for an issue from long ago,......something about lack of cartilage or flap of cartilage that move causing bone on bone and almost down, sometimes down she goes.  So, the surgery left her wearing one of them walking boots, although she's not 'sposed to walk on it yet.....which leaves me driving her to work and picking her up.  She has a knee scooter she uses while at the school.

Back to the teaching thing.  I pick her up today, and ask the typical how'd your day go.  Well, at lunch, she heard a chatter, thinking nothing of it, cause it sounded like laughter.  Then one of the 10year olds say's, in a non-concerned way, "I think he's choking".  So, my wife says, without thinking, she pops up, runs across the lunch room, and by the time she got to the red-faced guy, he nearly cleared his blockage, but she pounded him on the back anyway.  Completely dislodging whatever was coming out.  Then the boy had the nerve to complain it hurt.  She proceeded to tell him that he's lucky she didn't to the Heimlich and break his ribs.  Anyway, that's the story. Oh, the ankle, so, when she got the little guy breathing and "alright", she then realized that she ran across the room in that boot.......now stranded away from her knee scooter.  And,....that's when she realized that her ankle started hurting,....some student brought her the knee scooter, I told her it likely hurt due to lack of use for 1.5 months.  I asked her if she had to fill out any paperwork,.....her reply,.....'He went home breathing",.......and people say I'm cold hearted. 

• Like 2

Good on her, hope her ankle feels better, glad to hear the kid is ok, the most important part of the whole incident.

No good deed goes unpunished (ya ungrateful little so and so).

😏

• Plus 1 1
9 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Good on her, hope her ankle feels better, glad to hear the kid is ok, the most important part of the whole incident.

No good deed goes unpunished (ya ungrateful little so and so).

😏

She had one a couple of years ago that was prone to seizures.  Kid pops down and does the floppy chicken a couple of times then nothing,.....she ended up CPR'ing the boy,.....on two occasions.   The grandmother, which the boy lives with, told her at the beginning of the year that his seizures only happen at night,........guess he was mixed up on his days and nights.

Adrenaline is pretty good at making  pain disappear, that’s a nice days work she done did! :clap:

Different time frame in a choking emergency but I saw this product on the “internet” :classic_biggrin: Lifevac recently.

Now over the years, I’ve seen a couple people die due to big bites of steak. The Heimlich failed and by the time advanced life support arrived to reach deep into their throats it was too late.

I’m going to mention this to the people in charge of purchasing stuff and see if we can get a couple of them. Cheap last ditched effort. :dontknow:

edit…(If you want to skip the dramatic video :-)

• Like 1

She did well and the youngster acted his age. It's best not to think to hard when you have to react to an emergency. Logic can paralize us or lead us down the easy path. Bravo to her.