IGNORED

Riding a BMW can save your life!!

weeble

A friend of mine has always wanted a BMW, and so, a couple of weeks ago, traded his FZ1 in on a new K1200GT.

On Friday, he was riding to the dealer in Greensboro from his home in WV when he began feeling a bit puny when he was near Winston-Salem. He headed for Bowman-Gray hospital in W-S and they began some tests on him. His EKG looked normal so they unhooked it and were asking him some more questions when the hammer fell!!!...Heart attack!

Into surgery, and within 30 minutes of the attack, placement of the stent was complete. Doctor told him that if he hadn't been *in* the hospital at the time of the attack, he wouldn't be with us today. (And, of course, if he hadn't been riding to the BMW dealer, he wouldn't have been in that hospital.)

He came home yesterday, can drive tomorrow, and is still planning on a week-long riding adventure in late June.

Ever stop to think that maybe his heart attack was due to the sheer joy of riding such a fine machine thumbsup.gif

Glad to hear that all is well with him and that he is planning on a trip. Grab the bull by the horns and ride!

In a similar sense, I've had the very same thought run through my head 'Riding a BMW can save your life!!'

With the RT's amazing brakes, incredibly load horn, and blazing twin beam headlight, I am confident that my safety (and possibly my life) has been spared many times.

BMW, thank you thumbsup.gifclap.gifwave.gifgrin.gif

..good news, but to prevent another one gently begin breaking the news as to egine wear-in, oil change intervals and syn vs dino,seat and windscreen replacement options,tranny and final drive care and of course tire pressure. grin.gif

note: above post is tongue and cheek...glad he's doing well and still getting the bmw. wave.gif

Ever stop to think that maybe his heart attack was due to the sheer joy of riding such a fine machine thumbsup.gif

I was thinking the heart attack was due to the realization of the cost of such a "fine machine". eek.gifeek.gif

Lone_RT_rider

I was thinking the heart attack was due to the realization of the cost of such a "fine machine". eek.gifeek.gif

Now thats the Gleno we all know and love! So...that R1200RTP is out of your mind now...right? grin.gif

Shawn

Now thats the Gleno we all know and love! So...that R1200RTP is out of your mind now...right? grin.gif

Shawn

Entirely. thumbsup.gif

How to amass a small fortune....start with a large fortune and walk into a BMW dealer. eek.gifeek.gif

Archived