IGNORED

Plane/train wreck. Lucky pilot & rescue team

John Ranalletta

Joe Frickin' Friday

Crashing a plane is bad luck by itself, but how bad does your luck have to be to actually crash onto train tracks?  With a train coming??

Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, scout6 said:

Didn't the Coyote do this at least once? 

Sure, except the train got him.

From what I understood the pilot made a forced landing. It is visible only for a second but the one visible blade of the prop looks straight indicating the engine wasn't running at landing. I was in his shoes once and just speculation on my part he knew he wasn't going to make the runway so his choices for where to land came down to relatively clear space of a railroad track right of way parallel to the runway or a busy urban street. Again speculating that his heading was somewhat to or from direction of Whiteman's 12/30 runway he choose the railroad track as the best of what Surprise offered up. Sometimes it's just luck or living right or God's grace that shines on us.

On 1/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, scout6 said:

Didn't the Coyote do this at least once? 

Yup, it always seemed to end on the tracks. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, dduelin said:

From what I understood the pilot made a forced landing. It is visible only for a second but the one visible blade of the prop looks straight indicating the engine wasn't running at landing. I was in his shoes once and just speculation on my part he knew he wasn't going to make the runway so his choices for where to land came down to relatively clear space of a railroad track right of way parallel to the runway or a busy urban street. Again speculating that his heading was somewhat to or from direction of Whiteman's 12/30 runway he choose the railroad track as the best of what Surprise offered up. Sometimes it's just luck or living right or God's grace that shines on us.

That's exactly what happened. Took off, crashed, almost died, didn't die, a good day all in all.