IGNORED

Oil coming from the breather pipe

Smokey Jo

Hi . I have a 2000 K1200 RS . The oil started coming out of the breather into the throttle body into the intake , and started smoking . I spent load of cash to sort out this problem by replacing the rings and bearings all from the BMW Dealer. After the installation of the parts we started the bike and running well , however after the test drive it started doing the same .

The breather pipi is not original , will this be the cause ?

6 hours ago, Smokey Jo said:

Hi . I have a 2000 K1200 RS . The oil started coming out of the breather into the throttle body into the intake , and started smoking . I spent load of cash to sort out this problem by replacing the rings and bearings all from the BMW Dealer. After the installation of the parts we started the bike and running well , however after the test drive it started doing the same .

The breather pipi is not original , will this be the cause ?

Afternoon Smokey Jo

No way to know on the non-original breather pipe as not enough info to tell anything. If it is a correct fitting & correct working part then it shouldn't be the cause of your oil burning issue.

How many miles on that bike since it was re-assembled? Possibly the exhaust cat and/or muffler is still purging the old oil residue & burning that.

Is your air filter element clean & passing good air flow (not just look OK but IS OK). If it was ever heavily water saturated in could still look  good  but but not pass enough air. A poor flowing air filter could allow the crankcase vent to suck oil.

When did you original oil in the vent system start??  Did it start slowly or come on suddenly? Did it start shortly after any service work?