IGNORED

If you are into aviation,......

Rougarou

...and (apparently) the family has no interest in any of that stuff.  I'm seeing that same scenario take place with an old friend's estate...about to go into estate sale-mode.  Makes me wonder why I have so much "stuff"....:5146:

John Ranalletta
51 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

Makes me wonder why I have so much "stuff"....:5146:

It only matters how important the "stuff" is to you.  I have a statue of an elephant on my bookcase.  It has little or no commercial value.  If offered for free, it might find no takers; but when I look at it I remember the man who gave it to me, Bill, my long-time friend, lawyer, Eagle Scout and mentor . Sitting across the dinner table, his smiling face, gentle and stately demeanor come clear.  Recalling brings melancholy and a smile.  To anyone else, the statue is a just garage sale novelty  but it reminds me of how much I revered and loved him.  That's all that matters.

image.png.485be4673c0f6d65dbc1ad1f18b49683.png

• Like 6

On my office desk sits a little figurine of Mickey Mouse as Merlin The Magician.  It makes me smile each time I see it.

Where I worked in 1999, all Directors were required to dress in costume for a big shindig.  I chose Merlin The Magician costume, and during the shindig, the GM asked me why I chose that costume.  I said: "Because, around here, we do the impossible daily...but miracles take a little longer."  He smiled and walked away.

IMG_6255.JPG

• Like 2
John Ranalletta

Brother Vic was a bombardier on a B26.  Never talked much about the experience though he saw tough action over Italy and the Ploesti Oil Fields

If you have HBO and an interest, watch "The Cold Blue" about the bombers and their crews. 

• Like 1