IGNORED

beemershop

mikeR1100R

Georgi and I are really trying to get back into our love of riding since we have settled into a new home after 4 years of being nomads.  I called Ted Porter’s Beemershop wanting to ask about re-conditioning my elderly Wilbers.  Who should answer the the phone but Ted himself! I told him I was quite honored to speak with him and he was immediately able to respond to all my questions.  By the way for all Wilbers owners he said they can basically be rebuilt forever unless physically damaged beyond repair .  He made my day!

• Like 2

Mirrors my experience with the Beemershop when I was buying shocks for my R1100S.  Ted and I went back and forth several times to get the setup correct and I am loving it!

Frank

I had a very similar experience several years back when looking for replacement shocks for my R1100S.  I called and got the answering machine and left a message.  Ted called back and asked questions and answered questions for 45 minutes.  He recommended Wilbur over the Ohlins because of the quality, rebound dampening and lower price, said he had the Wilburs on his R1100S.  He said that since were were the same weight and riding preferences he would set up the shocks just like his.  They arrived in a few days, I mounted them and for the first time learned what a huge difference good suspension makes.  A year or so later I ordered a second set for a '00 K1200RS.  I'm a VERY satisfied customer of Ted Porter's Beemer Shop.

• Like 1

I use to live out there.  I've been to Ted's shop several times.  He was always there, always getting his hands dirty.  His shop's work in my opinion is very good.  He rebuilt the front end on one of my bikes.  It handled better than when it was new.

I heard a rumor that they might be closing the shop.  Any word on that?  I use them periodically for shocks and suspension set up.  And it turns out they are the point of contact for warranty replacement of HEX EZCan CANBUS controllers.  I have always had good interactions with them.

Cap

I didn’t hear anything about that in our short discussion nor any hint of anything amiss.  The Beemershop is so well established that hopefully they can weather adversity.

On more than one occasion Ted has taken something to the post office, after their regular outgoing mail,  so I could have it quicker while held up on a trip. I’ve never had anything less than excellent service from them - even including the time I ordered a custom

set of shocks and manufacturer -

in the Netherlands - shipped me an incorrect part. 

In fact just today I was quite excited to find a box from Ted waiting on my doormat. I’d mentioned wanting a new shaft for the GS for Christmas, but I didn’t think I’d been that good this year :)

On 12/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, Cap said:

I heard a rumor that they might be closing the shop.  Any word on that?  I use them periodically for shocks and suspension set up.  And it turns out they are the point of contact for warranty replacement of HEX EZCan CANBUS controllers.  I have always had good interactions with them.

Cap

I remember talking to ted in either 2015 or 2016 - after the talk about what I needed to purchase, he quizzed me a

bit about life in Oregon. He said they were thinking about selling their house in CA and retiring to somewhere else. Even then he’d been around a good long time and now it’s five more years. I hope the shop stays around forever, but I suppose he has to retire sometime. 

On 12/27/2021 at 6:44 PM, mikeR1100R said:

Georgi and I are really trying to get back into our love of riding since we have settled into a new home after 4 years of being nomads.  I called Ted Porter’s Beemershop wanting to ask about re-conditioning my elderly Wilbers.  Who should answer the the phone but Ted himself! I told him I was quite honored to speak with him and he was immediately able to respond to all my questions.  By the way for all Wilbers owners he said they can basically be rebuilt forever unless physically damaged beyond repair .  He made my day!

Same here. Some years ago I needed new shocks for my R1150RT and he suggested a set of Yacugar's after spending at least 30 min. with me on the phone. He's extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I've had them rebuilt once and they're still as good as he said they would be.

He's good people for sure.