IGNORED

Santa good to you? Any mo'cykl items?

Redman

Seems that my son and  son-in-law organised the family gift for me this year (which I greatly appreciate them doing...)

A Tank Bag. 

I opened the box, and was quite surprized and happy with it.

Spent some time trying to figure out the mounting. Took me a while to notice that the hardware included was hinged, and maybe that is how/why it could possibley be suitable for the RT.

Other thing I noticed was a tag that said "Caution. Secure zipper to insure contents are contained. Especially cameras.".

I commented that seemed strange that would specifically mention cameras, maybe becuse that would be heavier than most things might put in a tank bag. Son and SonInLaw were snickering.

THen we proceedd with gifts for other folks.

I was still pondering and reviewing the mounting hardware and instructions.

Later I get another gift wrapped package. It is the mounting adapter specific to the RT. Oh!

THen - - Then, I figure out they were having fun watching my puzzlement.

Later, I again mentioned how peculare it is about the tag that warns specificaly about cameras. Now son and SonInLaw are laughing out loud - - okay, then I figure it out - - they made up the tag - - a reference to me dumping out contents of my side bag onto the highway, and loosing most of them, including camera,  earlier this year. 

IMG_3077[1].JPG

sw-motech  ion one.

Edited by Redman
spulling
  • Like 2

Santa got it right!  Been whining that i should have never traded off my Sig P220 a few years back. Not motorcycle related either!  

20211225_151313.thumb.jpg.a90ca5d903e84c0e3fd078719e84367b.jpg

Edited by MikeB60
Spellin
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Redman said:
7 hours ago, Redman said:

Later, I again mentioned how peculare it is about the tag that warns specificaly about cameras. Now son and SonInLaw are laughing out loud - - okay, then I figure it out - - they made up the tag - - a reference to me dumping out contents of my side bag onto the highway, and loosing most of them, including camera,  earlier this year. 

The tag was a great touch!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Santa got it right!  Been whining that i should have never traded off my Sig P220 a few years back. Not motorcycle related either!  

20211225_151313.thumb.jpg.a90ca5d903e84c0e3fd078719e84367b.jpg

Great gun, I have 2 (one as pictured and one Equinox with rosewood grips).  Enjoy !!!

• Plus 1 1
10 hours ago, Redman said:

Seems that my son and  son-in-law organised the family gift for me this year (which I greatly appreciate them doing...)

A Tank Bag. 

I opened the box, and was quite surprized and happy with it.

Spent some time trying to figure out the mounting. Took me a while to notice that the hardware included was hinged, and maybe that is how/why it could possibley be suitable for the RT.

Other thing I noticed was a tag that said "Caution. Secure zipper to insure contents are contained. Especially cameras.".

I commented that seemed strange that would specifically mention cameras, maybe becuse that would be heavier than most things might put in a tank bag. Son and SonInLaw were snickering.

THen we proceedd with gifts for other folks.

I was still pondering and reviewing the mounting hardware and instructions.

Later I get another gift wrapped package. It is the mounting adapter specific to the RT. Oh!

THen - - Then, I figure out they were having fun watching my puzzlement.

IMG_3077[1].JPG

sw-motech  ion one.

It’s hilarious that you didn’t get the joke (though I will say they did a great job on the tag, which surely helped the illusion), because I got it right away!

Super sweet that they put in the effort to get a personalized gift like that - points to your family and to you for being a good enough guy that they like you ;)

• Like 1

Well, "Santa" bought me an LS2 Valiant 2 helmet direct from Spain (Motocard.com, 5 days shipping), for about $100 under retail.  I'd post a pix, but I'm on the road, and my helmet ...ah... is not.  (The wife must have been in Santa's good graces, too, cause she received hers as well).

"Santa" bought my son a SIG M17, for which he's doubly happy for since it's "off roster" for California except for law enforcement.  In turn, he built Santa another M4 upper for sleigh security from his spare parts bin. (He always has the best spare parts. 🤣🤣🤣)

Again, no pix, because, well, ya know, he and Santa went fishing together Christmas day, and all that stuff fell into a snowy lake.  Just plain clumsy, they are.

"Santa" brought the grandson a genuine, Amish made wooden rocking horse.    I figure it's early motorcycle training (i.e. he just started walking last month). 😁

So, it's been a blessed Christmas for the whole secret clan, of which, of course, there are no pictures, because, ya know, the principle of it.  Santa is a very secretive guy. 

God bless, and Merry Christmas to y'all.

Santa slipped in a little late but that’s ok. After suffering with those skinny little GS pegs for ten years these should be great! Now, I’ll end-up selling or trading the bike. :dopeslap: :classic_biggrin:

5524AF9E-4E3D-4FE1-A6B1-697AAB3E20AE.jpeg

2BC91BAD-4624-4527-AD9B-E1FA3D1D4EF3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1