IGNORED

Loose cable. Any Idea what is for and where should be attached to?

alexp

The air temp sensor on my RT looks a little different.  

What about to the bottom of the shock?

16394197115233491722203190888077.jpg

20211213_133314.jpg

• Thinking 1

It cannot be for shock because OP still has that mounted and the wire is hanging down from way up.   Looks similar though, but his is intact..

A guess with no basis in experience: headlight aim adjuster. Looks like a knob on the end.

BMW favors thin wires wherever possible so probably not electrical.

Follow it and see where it goes.

41 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

This one??

image.png.70da693f89e80fc9110337708accff39.png

Thanks for the news flash, Chief.  I did not see that on my somewhat-smartphone.

The tilt lever for the headlight adjustment (1-up, 2-up, loaded, etc) is a plastic handle attatched to the bottom of the housing.   I wonder if that is for the top of the shock.   

@alexp is that cable stiff or flexible?

What does the end look like?  It seems like it is capped.

On the '10 - '13s, there is a cable that  goes from the cruise control servo motor (located beneath the right side of the fairing) to the cable spliter box between the two throttle bodies.  But with two generations of engine computer controls since then, I don't know if there are any actual mechanical linkages to the throttle bodies.  

Ok so today i was able to take a close look.  There are actual two cables hanging down and not just one.  I unscrewed the cap off of one of them and you can see 3 pins inside.  They all go inside this little black box with 7 cables coming out with no name on it.  The only extra accessory I had installed is a pair of Erica's from Clearwater.  I just looked at their website and all their wires has their labels.  So it does look that these two cables are to connect to something....  No idea.  They might be part of the Erica's or BMW.  I'm going to ask the shop that installed it to see if they can tell me what they are for.  I will keep you posted.  Lowndes thanks to clear the bike question.  It's a 21 RT.

Thanks,

Alex

• Like 2

Also ask them why they were left dangling.   I would think they should be secured to prevent chaffing.   

Thanks for posting.

There's a little white symbol on the side of the connector, looks like it might represent a light reflector.  Could these two wires/connectors be for the Clearwater's pigtails??

image.png.8a9c5e8c68b53b6c6d3ebc3103cac107.png

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

By golly, Lowndes, that is it.   They are part of the CANopener harness.   Glad I could help.  :whistle:

Screenshot 2021-12-14 052546.png

You're welcome!!

• Haha 1

Ok so I relocated my NAV VI with the Hornig GPS Mount. In releasing the ties that hold the cord that is connected to the GPS holder I noticed that there is 2 wire cord that is capped also present.

Any idea what that is or can be used for? 

14 hours ago, PODMAN said:

Ok so I relocated my NAV VI with the Hornig GPS Mount. In releasing the ties that hold the cord that is connected to the GPS holder I noticed that there is 2 wire cord that is capped also present.

Any idea what that is or can be used for? 

Podman,

You might consider opening a new topic for your question as it is similar but different from this one and will get more attention as a new topic.

Also, "year, make, model" of your bike, and PICS - "A picture is worth a thousand words (minimum)".

• Like 1