IGNORED

Update on Marty

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

He PM'd me this morning and said he would be leaving at 9 am from Barcelona, slabbing it north over the Autoroutes.

He expects to do some 500 miles today, weather was still good down there.

Then another 300 miles or so tomorrow to reach Bart's place in the south of Belgium, near the French border.

If all turns out as planned, I'll be riding down south to pick him up near the Dutch border on Thursday..... hope the rain and wind stops by then..... wink.gif

More later......

So,

Lord Lucan , riding Shergar , will be shown on some credible photos soon ?? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Steve

Francois_Dumas

Hi Nick, yes, I guess he will be..... depending on his Garmin of course... smirk.gif

Is the Millau bridge 'free' for motorcycles as well? I was pleasantly surprised by the toll system in Normandy.... I did not have to pay !! thumbsup.gif

Francois

Is the Millau bridge 'free' for motorcycles as well?

Hah! Nothing is free in the south!

Tarifs page says 3,40 Zorros for bike -- but at least it's not more expensive in the summer.

bart_vanreeth

They'll need a lot of vehicles to pay off that bridge grin.gif

I sure hope Marty has good raingear as it is raining cats & dogs here up north. On the autoroute, between the trucks, it will be like riding through a carwash at 120 km/h crazy.gif tomorrow and friday even more rain....

Francois_Dumas

That'll teach him, telling about all these days of sunshine he's had, while we are into our second Winter this year already ! tongue.gif

Marty Hill

20 minutes of rain and a good bit of wind. No big deal. Call it 28 days of sun with 2.1 days of rain. Just finished dinner with Bart and beautiful wife. Great food and wine!!! thumbsup.gif

Archived