IGNORED

SECFF December Lunch 12/11/2021

It is time to pick up a Christmas Stollen again. 

No better place then Yoder's Deitsch Haus to do this task.

I think it is time to restart having the SECFF Lunch rides/meetings.

So if you feel like going for a ride and enjoy some great Fall weather, meet me for lunch on Saturday December 11, 2021 at 11:30 AM at Yoder's Deitsch Haus.

Where: Yoder's Deitsch Haus

5252 GA-26, Montezuma, GA 31063

When: 12/11/2021 at 11:30 AM, EST 

Edited by Bernie
Forgot something again. LOL
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

IN!!   :yes:

'Bout damm time!!

I gots to get me some fruitcake.   Mmmm, fruitcake.  

Don't get lost again. Do you need a route.:4322:

• Haha 1

Nah,  I will let Lowndes lead; he has paper maps, a little cheat-sheet, and two electronic devices for navigating with Garmin and Waze.  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
21 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I gots to get me some fruitcake.   Mmmm, fruitcake.  

I hate the stuff but might get one in honor of Kinsley!

• Plus 1 2

William,

If we ride separately does that improve the chances that one of us will make it all the way and on time??

Asking for a friend.

Lowndes

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
35 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

William,

If we ride separately does that improve the chances that one of us will make it all the way and on time??

Asking for a friend.

Lowndes

I don't know if you want to take chances like that. That would be a very risky move. :5146:

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Ron-M said:

It looks like Dave and I are in on this one. See you there.

Great, looking forward to catch up with you guys again.

PS: don’t forget about the Cedar Key Lunch on January 22, 2022.

Edited by Bernie
22 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Sad to post this, but I am out.   I have to go in to work for a few hours.  You guys have a great meal and stay safe on your journeys.

William,

That's OK, we can leave after lunch.  We never make it on time anyway.

Lowndes

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

William,

I know the fruitcake place in Claxton, Ga, but where's the fruitcake place in Montezuma??  Is it Yoder's??

Can I bring some back for you??

Yoders sells fruitake and other freshly baked goodies.  Thanks for the offer, but I am good. 

Besides, the weight of one may cause an imbalance effect as you are missing a side case and cannot even out the weight distribution.  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Lowndes said:

I'm here!!  First one, an hour early.  

Lowndes, just a head's up when you leave, your inflatable vest is hanging on the railing outside the restaurant. :4322:

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1
49 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Lowndes, just a head's up when you leave, your inflatable vest is hanging on the railing outside the restaurant. :4322:

Now, that's funny!......

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RandyShields said:

Thanks, Randy. I was just wondering.

Just walked in the house and discovered it was missing.  Again.  First thing that came to mind was Bama John got it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Good turnout and great seeing all you guys. Ron and Dave followed me to Moultrie, GA,  before splitting of to Tallahassee.

I made home around 6:20 pm, long day, but worth it. No rain, lots of clouds and fog in the morning. A very warm day, almost 85F. I killed lots of bugs, the bike is a mess again. :clap: 
And the fruitcake survived the ride.

1DC8DA08-1B48-43CD-AEC6-6F546EB04DB9.thumb.jpeg.32255007b17bb80c71cd24c4e70d857e.jpeg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Wondering if those folks that rode north ran into any rough weather on the way back?

We missed it by an hour or so

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Wondering if those folks that rode north ran into any rough weather on the way back?

I was sunny and warm for most of the day.  A little foggy early.  On the way back the bottom fell on me about a mile south of I-285 on the south side of ATL.  Stopped under Old 41 and put on the garbage bag.  YES, you would have gotten wet!!

• Haha 1

I was in The Mancave during the afterneoon when Laura told me that the sky done bust open (paraphrasing):  heavy winds then hard rain for 30 minutes, or so.   Glad you made it back without issues.

Rain does not bother me; heavy winds with heavy rain causes a little concern, though.   :whistle:   Finally, my bald front tire has been swapped out, so fresh Michelins are now on front and rear.  :yes:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I was in The Mancave during the afterneoon when Laura told me that the sky done bust open (paraphrasing):  heavy winds then hard rain for 30 minutes, or so.   Glad you made it back without issues.

Rain does not bother me; heavy winds with heavy rain causes a little concern, though.   :whistle:   Finally, my bald front tire has been swapped out, so fresh Michelins are now on front and rear.  :yes:

So,  "no more excuses"!!

• Haha 2

I did have to work, but the only reason I let that get in the way was because I could NOT get the front tire bead, on the RT, to seat when I swapped it out Friday evening.  DOH!    I figured I could not do a ride anyway (my R 1200 C  HES is being refurbished, so no riding yet) so I went in to work the yard.   The RT will definitely be ready for Cedar Key.   Oh, yeah!

4 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I did have to work, but the only reason I let that get in the way was because I could NOT get the front tire bead to seat when I swapped it out Friday evening.  DOH!    I figured I could not do a ride anyway (my R 1200 C  HES is being refurbished, so no riding yet) so I went in to work the yard.   The RT will definitely be ready for Cedar Key.   Oh, yeah!

There are several tricks to the "tire bead sealing".  Remind me.

HES still at Rito's??

"The RT will definitely be ready for Cedar Key."

image.png.ea457c339b4b345746586fd3f9ac53c0.png

(Me too!!)

8 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

There are several tricks to the "tire bead sealing".  Remind me.     SORTED!!

HES still at Rito's??   Not yet; delivery attempt was made on the 6th.  We shall see.  I guess I need to contact him to be on the look out for it.

• Like 1
On 12/11/2021 at 3:05 PM, Bernie said:

Yeah, Terry made it. Missing @Joel, @TyTassand @Chris K . Hopefully you guys can make it to Cedar Key in January. 

Joel and I both had other thinks going on this past Saturday and were unable to make it to Yoder's, so we are going to show up there a week late!

Like William and Bernie, I need to pick up some fruitcake if there is any left. 

• Like 2

Thanks for getting me off my bottom and out riding Bernie.  Dave and I had a great time.  Great route back to Moultrie.  After all these years, that was my first time experiencing a Bernie route home. :18:  My wife ordered me to not bring back a fruitcake.  Bought a carrot cake instead.  It is delicious.  

• Like 4
On 12/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, Bernie said:

Good turnout and great seeing all you guys. Ron and Dave followed me to Moultrie, GA,  before splitting of to Tallahassee.

I made home around 6:20 pm, long day, but worth it. No rain, lots of clouds and fog in the morning. A very warm day, almost 85F. I killed lots of bugs, the bike is a mess again. :clap: 

1DC8DA08-1B48-43CD-AEC6-6F546EB04DB9.thumb.jpeg.32255007b17bb80c71cd24c4e70d857e.jpeg

Great Xmas present for your mother-in-law…wish I could have made this my inaugural lunch ride but grandkids trump rides most of the time. 

• Like 1
On 12/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, Bernie said:

Bernie thank you for coordinating the lunch.  It was great to see folks again and fun following you for a while. Not so much fun chasing my gas gauge to the gas station (arrived with the range reading 5 miles).  :0  

I just finished off the cinnamon roll/pie I purchased. Delicious.  

Dave...

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, F16Viper68 said:

Bernie thank you for coordinating the lunch.  It was great to see folks again and fun following you for a while. Not so much fun chasing my gas gauge to the gas station (arrived with the range reading 5 miles).  :0  

I just finished off the cinnamon roll/pie I purchased. Delicious.  

Dave...

I am glad you made it. By the way, you would not have been the first GS, that ran out of fuel, following me. :5146: