IGNORED

Need new battery

Skywagon

Im looking at a few....let me know what you had success with please.  2014RT  Picture is of the battery that just died after 3 years.

Powersports Battery, Group Size BTX20HL-BS, 310 CCA TX20HL: Advance Auto Parts

YTX20CH-BS - Yuasa Battery, Inc. (yuasabatteries.com)

Duracell Ultra 12V 20AH Deep Cycle AGM SLA Battery with M5 Insert Termina - SLADC12-20C at Batteries Plus Bulbs

Duracell might be a hair too tall.

Xtreme 20CH-BS 12V 270CCA AGM Powersport Battery - CYLA20CHBSXTA at Batteries Plus Bulbs

It's not a price issue...want the best I can get.

1081x-YTX20H-BS-Yuasa-Motocross-12v-310-CCA-Motorcycle-ATV-Powersport-Battery.jpg

Use sealed battery and highest CCA, simple.

Even the best battery can die in 6 months if you are unlucky. There is simply no guaranty for long lifetime.

I have got a relative cheap Australian made battery in it now, which performs just as good as the original...so far.

It's 2 years old and shows no degradation.

I'm a Yuasa fan, I've gotten over 7 years on one in my Wee Strom and have 3 years 9 months and running strong on the above mention one in my 14 RT.  But if it was me I'd keep the Walmart one for now.  I haven't used one in my bikes but have good luck with them in vehicles and mowers. 

Thanks folks....been trying to hunt down the Yuasa for my bike.. YTX20ch-bs.  None to be found.  I wrote Yuasa and within about 5 minutes they wrote back...amazing....here is what they had to say.   

We are running behind on making batteries and the YTX20CH    They did say the YTX16-BS is available.  The difference is the 20 has 270 cca and the 16 has 230.  I wonder how much that would matter?

I guess Covid hit the battery industry too. Still hunting.

I tried to get the Yuasa battery a few months ago too and couldn't find one. I spoke to an rep there and he said they can't get help to build the batteries and the company executives are helping keep the line going.  Not sure why people don't want to work....  Anywho, I bought a MotoBatt from Amazon, spins it over like a top and super happy so far. This is the one I got: 

LINK TO AMAZON

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2021 at 9:38 AM, Skywagon said:

Thanks all for the recommendations. I have a yuasa on order that should be here in a few days… we’ll see

Did you ever get your battery? You go with the 16 or 20? Amazon says the 20 won’t fit my ‘17 RT. Of course Yuasa site says they’re the same size. Just wanting to double check b4 ordering. 

Thanks Linc G. 

Never got the Yuasa or their other brand MotoCross which is supposed to be identically made.  I ordered it and they told me it was back order due to labor and it would arrive on a date two weeks out...but two weeks later it didn't arrive.  Got an update that said one more week...didn't arrive.  Asked for a refund and it was issued promptly. 

Dirtmerch on this board told me about the below battery and his success.  I got it next day from Amazon.  I like that it has post on both sides.  Slid right in and actually the cables were easy to connect.  You can attach accessories to the other side of the battery if you want.  It comes with protective rubber caps on it if you don't need them.  I put it in around the end of December.  So far so good but with only a month usage, hard to say.  Dirtmerch has had his for a while now.

The picture is not my bike.

IMG_1599.jpg

I had an “experience” with MotoBatt and I’ll just leave it at that. I hope yours is better. Of course coming from Odyssey IMO, there was nowhere to go except down. Honda has used Yuasa batteries for as long as I can remember. I had very good luck with them back in the day. Here’s to hoping I can get one b4 spring arrives. 

• Plus 1 1

My MotoBatt is fine after a few months of use, hopefully your "experiance" was unique. I too had really good luck with an Odyssey in my CamHead RT but no love from them on the WetHead. I tried like hell to get a Yuassa but Skywagon stated, their employees were making too much money staying home on the couch to go to work in the battery plant. I'll report back if my MotoBatt goes tits up prematurely.