IGNORED

GS Footpegs

timmr

After some miles on the new GS, I have a short gripe list. First things needed are some better footpegs. Any recomendations? I've seen the Fastway sets and they may be fine, but wondering if there's something else worthy of my $100+. Thx.

After some miles on the new GS, I have a short gripe list. First things needed are some better footpegs. Any recomendations? I've seen the Fastway sets and they may be fine, but wondering if there's something else worthy of my $100+. Thx.

Check the ones on the HP2 and the R12 Adventure. They'll fit the R12GS.

How do those pegs feel on the road? Without the rubber grip, do you feel any significant additional buzz/vibes compared to the stock pegs?

Do you use the long screws or the short ones? What's the diff?

I used the short ones in the front and the long ones in the back. That levels the pegs a bit.

How do those pegs feel on the road? Without the rubber grip, do you feel any significant additional buzz/vibes compared to the stock pegs?

I don't feel any additional buzz.

And in the rain, your feet stay on the pegs. smile.gif

I have Fastways and looooove them. I got the F4's (I think?) that have the non screw adjust cleats. They are less aggressive . .look a little more "factory" to me and stil super grippy. There is a touch of buzz but not much more than the crappy originals. If you were on an RT with the thicker RT style rubber pegs, you might notice more buzz when switching.

Standing on the pegs on dirt/gravel now feels the way it should.

Now that you've had them awhile what do you think?
Well I don't do any off-road stuff where they are designed to shine. I do like them because they are a wider platform, but then the Fastway's will give you that too.

I do think the pivot part helps some with long distances comfort in that they conform with the angle of the bottom of your boot. Thus a less 'concentrated' pressure point. Your foot is not resting on an edge so to speak.

Steve- Funny you mention that. I'm taking tomarrow off to get some miles on before the 600 svc. on Saturday. I'm out in the garage packing a few things in the seat bag, looking at the pegs, wondering what if I take the rubber out??? I'm going to try it tomarrow. They are still pretty narrow. The Fastway set does look nice as does the Pivots. I guess I could have worse problems than trying to deceide which pegs to put on my new bike. Life is good. thumbsup.gif

Jim VonBaden

01-left-fastway-03.jpg

Cant beat the Fastways. Nice grip wet or dry, easy on the feet for distance, no noticable increase in vibration, and you can stand on them for a LONG time.

I took them off my 11GS and put them on the 12GS.

Jim cool.gif

Archived