IGNORED

Christmas Tree

TEWKS

First year in a longtime having a real tree. I can only take credit for lugging it in and setting it in the stand. Little crafty Kiley did all the decorating. Post yours when you get it setup, if you’d like! :thumbsup:

A382BBA3-228D-41F7-8641-2E4A7F230DB8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1

We used to go all out on the tree, but not anymore. 

Picked up this nifty thing at an estate auction, its the lazy persons tree.   The box it sits in is about 36”x 36”x8”, sooo, you pop it out the box, pull it up to its standing height, and viola, instant tree. 

AFBF8A01-3C94-48DF-9BEB-3D142830D5F2.jpeg

AE895166-8486-4703-BDC3-EAE8E42EBF8A.jpeg

• Like 7

Going up this week. And by going up, I mean wheel it in from the garage, unzip the cover, and plug it in. Full size 8 footer, pre-lit. No more real trees here.

Pics may follow.

• Like 1

Man-oh-man-oh-man-oh-man, I'm so behind.   I've got to clean the house before we decorate, including the carpets (which of course, I should have done when it was warmer, like, in summer?🙄)  The lying weather forecaster who told me it'd be cold and rainy today (no rain, 55+F!), tells me I've got another warm, rain free day coming this week.  I need to get loaded for bear, and be ready to decorate outside mid-week.  Otherwise, it won't happen, or I'll be doing it in sub-freezing temps, as usual. 

We're planning on being away this year for Christmas, anyhow, so we might not do the tree.  But we've got a new fireplace hearth that's never had a decoration on it, and lots of other stuff we can put out.  Backstory:  We really haven't done much decorating since we moved to Idaho in late 2015, i.e. building house, finishing house, finishing the finishes in the house, fixing what I failed to get right when we built the house, etc., we just haven't been ready or equipped to get it done.  Plus, we tossed half or more of the decorations (and should have gotten rid of a whole lot more, to be honest).

Anyhow, y'all put us to shame.  You're on the right track.  Merry Christmas (all month  long)!!! 😁👍

🍻

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Red said:

In CA you can be arrested for that.  :4316:

In Idaho, we call that "A starter set".   🤣🤣🤣🤣

During the middle of the Iraq war, my then college aged kids met up with a bunch of the young Camp Pendleton Marines, from various units including special operators (I.e. RECON and FAC's).   Seemed like when some where going, others were coming back.  We had some parties for them, beer pong out on the patio, opened the garage for them to work on trucks and motorcycles, and that sort of thing.  Inevitably, when they saw my gun safe, the kids heading downrange would ask if they could store their personal weapons with us.  At one point, I opened my safe and it looked like we were set for the apocalypse.  There were some pretty special weapons in that safe.  

Anyhow, now all I keep in that safe are a few old BB guns, a sling shot, a butter knife, and my BMW RT key.  (Everything else got lost in that fishing accident in the lake, last year.  Damn shame.) :3:

Very creative "tree". 👍🍻

• Like 2
3 hours ago, MachineJoe said:

That looks  a bit taller than an 8 foot tree  :4316:

It might be 9 feet...

The door behind it is cut down, shorter than standard, so it creates a bit of an optical illusion.

11 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

In Idaho, we call that "A starter set".   🤣🤣🤣🤣

During the middle of the Iraq war, my then college aged kids met up with a bunch of the young Camp Pendleton Marines, from various units including special operators (I.e. RECON and FAC's).   Seemed like when some where going, others were coming back.  We had some parties for them, beer pong out on the patio, opened the garage for them to work on trucks and motorcycles, and that sort of thing.  Inevitably, when they saw my gun safe, the kids heading downrange would ask if they could store their personal weapons with us.  At one point, I opened my safe and it looked like we were set for the apocalypse.  There were some pretty special weapons in that safe.  

Anyhow, now all I keep in that safe are a few old BB guns, a sling shot, a butter knife, and my BMW RT key.  (Everything else got lost in that fishing accident in the lake, last year.  Damn shame.) :3:

Very creative "tree". 👍🍻

Reminds me of when I stored a beautiful 6” Colt Python and a SPAS 12, both of which I was asked if I wanted to buy them at $300 each, but alas, I hadn’t the money for either of them at the time:(

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Not a tree but,….

image.thumb.png.b2e1383ba6cc1f38e67840e223d6816c.png

And there’s my lead-in. ;)

I think this is a fake gator, the lady is way too chill. But then again, not growing up around them. :dontknow:

20 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

And there’s my lead-in. ;)

I think this is a fake gator, the lady is way too chill. But then again, not growing up around them. :dontknow:

Shes real, the Gator Chateau in my old hometown dresses them up for various holidays. 

image.thumb.png.d919e461dcd37ae5fbe230090046d243.png

image.thumb.png.6dc496b8af057f5015cd1cbd4a4f89a3.png

image.thumb.png.45bc47f03bbc9cf223340357ebb78cd0.png

• Like 1

No didn’t mean your gator, the big one in the video with the paddle board. She just seemed way too relaxed not having any protective distance from those teeth. :dontknow:

If its not hungry or feeling threatened, really not much of a threat to ya.  Ive seen people walk up to large ones when the gator is sunning, and take pictures.   Not me, I dont run that fast

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ESokoloff said:

In God I trust.

For everybody else, there’s Ring!!!

6DFE6C76-2C4D-4948-9574-3B63AF8C6C59.jpeg

My wife has about 50 Santas on display, which is too many for me by about 49.   Instead of fighting her Santa thing, I insisted we had to have a Nativity display.  Not religious in any way, never go to church anymore, but I needed to have one thing on display that represented what the Christmas celebration is supposed to be about!E6409412-0902-45A2-A275-BC77D0EA02A0.thumb.jpeg.d764ce2182aa69b8762d812e9f77519f.jpeg

Heard the price of real Christmas trees were super expensive this year…I wouldn’t know because now that we moved to the Northwoods of Wisconsin I cut one down out of my neighbors yard…. Haha, just kidding, it was one that was too close to the house and needed to go. There  are enough around the property to never have to buy one again.
C451CBEF-F644-4142-86DD-3FBB714AA9FA.thumb.jpeg.e0a5657edd07ee7a0552b7288ecb4f35.jpeg

• Like 2

When I was a kid maybe 12-ish I had the grand idea of cutting our own tree. Me and a buddy hiked about two miles from the house out behind the old town landfill where there were about forty wooded acres that seemed like no mans land. Cold day, some snow and ice on the ground. I found a tree, it was an ugly tree but it was free and I got to check that box. ;)

I never felt the need to do that again. :)

• Haha 1