IGNORED

Cardo has a Black Friday Sale on Amazon (Help?!)

Scott9999

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYCZ2Z7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

... the only problem is, for $88 (Cardo FREECOM 2 Plus, SINGLE), I have no idea what I'm buying.  Cardo has 1,075 different packages and models, plus bits and pieces, and I have no idea of the package that they are offering here will work for me and my wife, 2-up, when we pick up new helmets.  Of course, I want it to "do it all" connectivity, i.e. bluetooth to a phone, nav device, intercom talk, and the fact that this is expandable if you're riding with a group of riders, is great, too.

So, this is an "FYI" for those who might benefit, as well as a "WTH?" question about what the kit contains, and what else I might have to buy to accomplish my goal.  For example, I see that it includes two different mic's, will I need to buy stick mic's as well (i.e. else, where would you mount the enclosed mic's, and how would you speak to them?).

Or, what's the difference between the link above, and the product in this link (i.e. FREECOM 2 Plus, "dual pack")? ($165)

https://www.amazon.com/Cardo-FREECOM-PLUS-Motorcycle-Communication/dp/B07MYC87B5/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=cardo%2Bdual&qid=1637958292&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFOTVZHVlpHVUVUVkQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyNTc2NDQxMzZHMDNCSVlaT1NFJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwNDU4MjdOR0NWS1BYVVRPSFkmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

It just seems like so much bait and switch.

A lil' help, please?   :16:

19 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

Or, what's the difference between the link above, and the product in this link (i.e. FREECOM 2 Plus, "dual pack")? ($165)

I don’t know Cardo’s models, but it appears you have linked to a dual pack (two communicators - like, one for you and one for your wife) and a single pack (just for one person). 

There is lots of info online on the various models. I see several options in your Amazon links, but nothing that seems to be bait and switch. 

Revzilla also seems to be advertising Black Friday deals on cardo - if you want help getting the right things for you but don’t want to buy through a local moto dealer, I’d suggest calling revzilla. 

You will need to buy the dual pack if you want to have one for your wife, too.   The single comes with everything you need to communicate with other Cardo units.   The mesh works great for groups.   Your wife will need one for rider to passenger comms.  You can use bluetooth or mesh to talk to each other.    I have only used the bluetooth once the other riders in my group peel off.  It can then be used with my phone, which was paired via bluetooth and using the app also simplifies pairing.   

As far as the microphones go, you can use whichever one you feel works better (fittment-wise) in the helmet.   I have the boom mic for use, but it is not attached to the helmet.  I just tuck it inside the padding and it holds in place pretty good,  I use Schuberth C4, which is modular.   The mounting for the Cardo is permanently affixed to my helmet.  I just tuck the wires in the lining when I use it.   When not in use, I pop the Cardo off of the mount and put it away; that was the reason behind not mounting the mic.

• Like 1

Thanks for feedback.  The Cardo units are very popular, and have good feedback.  I know that there are a few other options, but I'm looking for a "k.i.s.s." solution, i.e. good quality, function, low hassle.

Ya know how you're looking and researching one thing, and decide "Oh, well, I DO need one of those, too", and off ya go for another full hour of digression research?    :dopeslap:

I decided that I ought to look at helmet sales, since I need two of those, too, ya know, "while I'm at it ....", Black Friday sale day, and all.  😖  Well, scratch another hour of my life that I'm never getting back.

I'm going to pick up the Cardo dual unit and stow it away in the garage until next spring.  However, as for Helmets, the only deal I've found is the Shubert C3 Lite's, which are running $350 on sale on several sites.  Good reps, but of course, the helmet's qualities depends on the rider, his preferences, fit, etc..  I could spend days, trying to find "just the right helmet".  I'm looking for modular units, at about $250 each, but I'm not sure I'll find the quality I am looking for at that price point.  But, I've got all winter to shop.  Something good may come along.

Thanks again!

FYI: Having researched this (i.e. cardo video +1), I probably could have gone with the Freecom +1 dual unit ($88 total), rather than the Freecom +2 dual unit ($166).  That would have provided adequate 2-person (1 bike) coms.  However, as soon as we did that, I'm certain my wife would find a friend she wanted to ride with, who happened to have a Freecom +2 unit, and ... I'd be off to the Cardo store to replace the Freecom +1.  So, if I had known that, I'd have leaned toward the less expensive unit, but I'm not upset I bought the Freecom +2, PROVIDING it does what I need it to do.  Fortunately, by the time I've actually used it and figured this all out, the Amazon max return date will have passed (par for the course, no one's ever complained that I was a rocket scientist.).  🙄

I'm guessing that I'll add a boom mic down the road, we'll see how things go.

Freecom +1 for reference:

https://www.amazon.com/Cardo-FREECOM-PLUS-Motorcycle-Communication/dp/B07MYCZ2Z7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=cardo%2Bfreecom%2B1%2Bplus&qid=1637968662&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMlAwMDBZSzdSWkFWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTk3NTQ5MjhWUlBJNVJZS1Q2JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwNDYzNTEzRTZQWkpCQ0dQQzUzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1