Cedar Key Lunch 2022

Bernie

This years event will be on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at The Tipsy Cow Bar & Grill, which is the restaurant upstairs. They open at 11:30 AM.

Normally @tallman and @Kinsley used to organize this event, but both are absent from the forum and I think it is a great event that should continue in future.

So dust of your bikes and join me (Bernie) and others for lunch at the sea side.

PS: if you and your friends think you can make it , leave me a post here, so I can warn the restaurant about the invasion. :4617:

As for local motels for over night stays, check the posting in the calendar section for more information.

Cedar Key XVI 2020 Post with lots of information

Edited by Bernie
Added a link to previous event
  • Like 4
13 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

That's about a 2700 mile trip for me.......:dontknow:

I guess you better plan for a overnight stay or two. But it will definitely be a change of scenery!

That it would! We are supposed to get our first snow in Spokane this afternoon/tonight.......... so if I could get away, I couldn't get back till spring.:5146:

Rob Nowell
52 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

That it would! We are supposed to get our first snow in Spokane this afternoon/tonight.......... so if I could get away, I couldn't get back till spring.:5146:

Were you spared the rain from W WA & BC?

3 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Leave now and you won't have to shovel anything all winter!!  Plus, you can ride all year long down heah.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on overnight accomodations in Cedar Key, either hotel, motel, camping, air bnb??  

Considering a Fir nite and Sat nite stay, just to make sure.

7 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on overnight accomodations in Cedar Key, either hotel, motel, camping, air bnb??  

Personally I have never stayed in Cedar Key, FL overnight.

Kinsley and @tallman used to stay the weekend.

There are several small Motels and B-B places.

Also Gainesville is only a short ride away.

AirBnb has this information: AirBnb in Cedar Key, FL

Visit Florida Guide

Google Maps will make a few more suggestions.

Kinsley made the following suggestions a couple years ago, of course I don't know what is open due to Covid-19:

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Lowndes said:

farawayinn.com.  352-543-5330. I stayed there with Tall Man and Kinsley and it's walking distance from the "downtown" area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey!!  Saw this little motel in Cedar Key.  Sprinkle a few dozen GS's and RT's around the parking lot and this could be an *ART motel!!

We'd have to come up with a different name, tho, maybe Terrible Urban Ride Destination.  Looks like a water crossing out there worthy of Indie Dave.

http://www.cedarkeybeachfrontmotel.com/

image.png.473aef8179a8b7a2ca5c36ddd41f6ceb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1