IGNORED

Finally cool enough for a replacement

walton66

After losing my RT to the deer out in Utah last May, I decided to wait until it cooled off a bit and storm season had passed to find a replacement.  During the Summer I decided that I wanted something lighter and that this year's trip was probably the last of my annual cross-country trips.  A friend acquired a neglected F800ST which I disassembled and cleaned up and made it a nice looking bike.  I enjoyed riding it and especially moving it around the garage.  I looked around for a F800GT but could not find one that I liked anywhere closer than 500 miles so I put that thought away.  After several more months being stuck in the eternal review cycle,  I decided on a new F900XR and found one 2 weeks ago.  Not as easy to move around in the garage but I really like it and am looking for some rides up to central and north FL. Break-in service next week in FtMyers.

IMG_2934.thumb.jpeg.0faaf2d8dea249333d4ea057647deb56.jpegIMG_2970.thumb.jpeg.ec35183d01eb00caa24842335390f2ae.jpeg

• Like 9

Could happen, though I'd probably ship it to somewhere out west and start from there.  We'll see. For now, I'm just looking forward to the service this week and being able to turn up the wick.:bike:

Black is new for 22.  I was searching around for a 21 in gold or white but they were pretty scarce by the time I made up my mind and the ones that could be had were further away than I wanted.  The FtMyers dealer is where I had purchased my 13 RT so I went back.  Not to hot on the seat so far, what's new?, but I'm going to give it a couple months to see if it or I break-in.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Rinkydink said:

I own one too. They are fun bikes. 

AT 86 I had to downsize, my XR 900 is a 2020 I changed to Sargent seat and put on  a MRA windshield love the bike, fun in the canyons where I like to play.:thumbsup:

I also added an MRA screen with the little spoiler thing.  Any issues with the pegs?  I find the play in the rear brake pedal a bit much without moving my foot a lot from my normal riding position.  I don't see much if any adjustment options to it.  I rarely use the rear so it''s just something to get used to. On the two practice roads down here, it is definitely easier to hustle around that my RT.  It's 250 miles to the dealer and the ride home was ok.  I'm making it 300 on the way back next week and planning some longer rides to get some miles on it and me.

• Like 1
On 11/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, walton66 said:

Black is new for 22.  I was searching around for a 21 in gold or white but they were pretty scarce by the time I made up my mind and the ones that could be had were further away than I wanted.  The FtMyers dealer is where I had purchased my 13 RT so I went back.  Not to hot on the seat so far, what's new?, but I'm going to give it a couple months to see if it or I break-in.  

Welcome back to two wheels! I am happy that you decided to give it another try.

The new bike looks great. 

On 11/13/2021 at 9:26 AM, walton66 said:

I also added an MRA screen with the little spoiler thing.  Any issues with the pegs?  I find the play in the rear brake pedal a bit much without moving my foot a lot from my normal riding position.  I don't see much if any adjustment options to it.  

I have no issues with the pegs there is no adjustment on rear brake play I am used to it after 10K. I added SW Motech daypack tank bag and a Streetrack for my Cortech bag to carry tire repair gear. I am happy with mine not the mile cruncher that the RT was but it will do, its a lot easier on my old bones:thumbsup: