IGNORED

BMW riding course, good or bad?

tinoty

So I am thinking of the off-road riding course (two day) and the two day USRA authority school cours that BMW has in South Carolina. And I am wondering if they are actually worth the money? 

Riding for a good number of years and on an RT for the last 7 years.....so I don't want something to basic. 

Anyone out there done these?

Welcome to the forum!

Are you talking about the riding coruse in Greer, SC at the BMW Performance Center?

i did the 1/2 day on-road and 1/2 day off-road.  I ride an RT and it was my first time getting some riding time, off-road, on a GS.  Learned a lot.  It was a basic introduction on a GS for me.  I enjoyed it.

To me, it was worth the cost, which included hotel, shuttle, and meals.   The best part was getting to drop their bike without worrying about my own.

I have been told that the the 2 day course is a LOT more involved with technical riding than the 1/2 day.  I sure someone will advise you about how that course is.

Cheers,

EDIT:  I just looked at the pricing.  Yeah, if you can afford it, then it is definitely worth it.  (My $.02.  Which is actually worth $37.50)

• Like 1

I took the 2 day off-road 5 or 6 years ago. It was a great learning experience but I can't remember being more tired and sore at then at the end of day 2. Part of the problem was that I was one of only 2 students taking the course that session. By the time you did an exercise and returned to the start it was your turn to go again. No time to catch your breath!

The instructor we had was top notch and was always there to help you pick your bike up. :grin:

wife said she will do the one as a birthday - so I figured I'll add the second......or a 6 day adventure ride in South America - Chile