IGNORED

Would ya look at that!

TEWKS

But the big question??? No mention of cruise control!!

Honda has a history of this major faux pas........

I think that could be my last new bike IF they include cruise.:cuz:

It has a chain… not a chain fan even though we know of all the driveshaft issues…splines, ujoints, final drives. Other than that pretty cool and the price point is really good

9Mary7...direct from Honda website.  Now you are in trouble.  Im pretty intrigued by this bike.  Hope it makes it here and ups the horsepower a tad.

NSTRUMENTS & ELECTRICS

Instruments

6.5inch TFT Touch Panel Multi information display & secondary LCD meter

Security System

HISS

Headlight

LED with DRL

Taillight

LED

Connectivity

Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

USB

USB

12V Socket

Yes

Auto Winker cancel

Yes

Quickshifter

Accessory

Cruise Control

Yes

Additional Features

5 Riding Modes

I think that quick shifter accessory may have sealed the deal:yes:...... As for the chain, not a bother as the current x-ring chains are so good that a little lube to keep the rust away is a non issue for me. The weight (and horsepower) burden of the shaft isn't worth it for me. YMMV

I don't really mine lubing the chains....I hate changing the sprockets as they age as well as trying to keep the chain lube only on the chain.  If it comes here it will definitely peak my interest.  My last Honda was a 1972 Honda 350CL....sold it in college.  That bike was bullet proof.

9 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

I think that quick shifter accessory may have sealed the deal:yes:...... As for the chain, not a bother as the current x-ring chains are so good that a little lube to keep the rust away is a non issue for me. The weight (and horsepower) burden of the shaft isn't worth it for me. YMMV

Well, if you want to ride mine for a few miles, to check it against the Honda (if it ever shows up), let me know.  (I'm assuming that maybe you haven't ridden the wetheads, and aren't interested in the 1250's). 

Thanks Scott, we'll see what the springtime brings. Interested to see how the Honda actually turns out...... I've been thru this before with Honda :4317:

101 hp is a huge disappointment. Non starter for me.  You could chain it to the back of a shiftcam BMW and drag it faster from 0 to 60 than if you rode it the same distance. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, MikeB60 said:

101 hp is a huge disappointment. Non starter for me.  You could chain it to the back of a shiftcam BMW and drag it faster from 0 to 60 than if you rode it the same distance. 

Yea I saw that vs the weight of it and thought the same thing.  Seems like a step behind everyone else in power to weight ratio.  But thats what happens when you take an African Twin and rebadge it as a street bike without tweaking the engine.  Was hoping for more when the rumors of this bike first came out a while ago.  Seems like another yawn effort by Honda.

1 hour ago, BrianT said:

Seems like another yawn effort by Honda.

It's what Honda does, 90% mundane cars and motorcycles for 90% mundane people. :)

But they'll sell boatloads of them..

They lost me at the white background on the instrument screen.   That'd be a killer in low light as it constricts your pupils and you can't see squat.  I have bad enough night vision w/o my motorcycle partially blinding me.

On 11/4/2021 at 8:39 AM, BrianT said:

Seems like another yawn effort by Honda

On 11/4/2021 at 6:11 AM, 9Mary7 said:

I've been thru this before with Honda