IGNORED

New Garmin map release 2022.25

dirtrider

New Garmin map release 2022.25, strange update numbering, must be correcting something in the 2022.2 North American  map. 

This is interesting, from Garmin--- 

"Current Map Version: 2022.25 (North America) as of October 27th, 2021

Note: City Navigator North America map version 2022.25 will not contain the updated exit numbers as they are still being updated"

• Thanks 1

BaseCamp is not enjoying the new map update or the new version of Apple iOS. It is slow as molasses in 2D view. 

I hope Garmin makes a patch or update soon.

12 hours ago, Bernie said:

BaseCamp is not enjoying the new map update or the new version of Apple iOS. It is slow as molasses in 2D view. 

I hope Garmin makes a patch or update soon.

Morning  Bernie

Your BaseCamp is slow at doing what? I will try to duplicate what you did. 

I just made identical 100 mile complex routes in BaseCamp 2D using both 2022.25 & 2022.2 & I didn't notice any difference in calculation speed or rendering speed between the two. (I am using Win 11 on a vary fast system with a PCIe main drive). 

If you notice a difference between 2022.2 & the new 2022.25 on your  Apple iOS send a report to (or call)  Garman so they know about it & can address it. If nobody reports it Garman won't fix it.  

I just got very frustrated yesterday. I think the problem maybe the new iOS from Apple. While I was trying to make a 500+mile route something tried to update in the back ground. Also I need to reduce the size of my BaseCamp data base. I don’t think it’s the map data update. I rebooted and it started working better. 

26 minutes ago, Bernie said:

I just got very frustrated yesterday. I think the problem maybe the new iOS from Apple. While I was trying to make a 500+mile route something tried to update in the back ground. Also I need to reduce the size of my BaseCamp data base. I don’t think it’s the map data update. I rebooted and it started working better. 

Morning Bernie 

I hear you on the large data base, about once a year I export my entire BaseCamp data to my second drive (just in case I ever need to access it in the distant future) then I re-import just the last few months of routing data back into my current BaseCamp. 

Once I go through a couple of map updates I like to make new fresh routes anyway, plus a I use some custom maps built on OpenStreet data that are updated even more often. 

If your new 2022.25 is still struggling you might remove & save your 2022.2 map to a remote drive as that will tell you if the conflict is due to the map size or multiple maps in the same folder. 

Also, if your GPS is hooked to your computer then BaseCamp might be trying to use the map on the GPS (that is usually quite slow) I usually use  JaVaWa to turn off BaseCamp's ability to see the maps on my GPS device's as that forces BaseCamp to only use the mapping in my computer,  or lacking that, just make my routes with the GPS disconnected. 

I will try that going back to 2022.2. I do routinely backups to my Dropbox account. But for the ‘ART events I need historical data. I use a lot of tracks to create my routes. I just need to get better organized. I also keep copies on my old Windows notepad. 

Any chance this is like the issues that cropped up with the Mac BigSur update some months ago.  I have avoided the most recent MacOS upgrade to Monterey in the fear that it would break something in Basecamp.  I like the idea of tidying up the database, saving most of it to another drive. I probably do not need all the accumulated cross country data since it's not likely that I will ride to the west coast again.

After I rebooted, BaseCamp has been behaving normal again.

I made this convoluted route to N-AL for tomorrow and every time I moved the map window or dded another shaping point it took for ever to complete the task.

N-FL to N-AL.GPX