IGNORED

Suzuki Missed a Great Opportunity

TEWKS

The new guy from BC and his most excellent bike collection sent me searching the web for info on the Wes Cooley Replica GS 1000 S and I find out Wes had just passed away! :( 
His heyday in racing was just as I was entering into street riding so, I can’t claim to be a follower of his. But over the years I’ve come to appreciate his modest demeanor. 

Suzuki should of pushed hard to get a new WCR into production before his passing. 
image.thumb.jpeg.cd1a1c6ff1cf3dcadf592500fb568296.jpeg

Edit 

@K1300R

Studying your garage art, I see you were a true fan of the man! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wow. Brings up sweet memories of Loudon many moons ago. Admired that guy for both his skills and humility. Met him in the pits and he was very warm and welcoming.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

@K1300R Feel free to continue with that story either here or start a new post! Very interesting! :thumbsup:

Cool....where should I start a new post? cheers :) You might regret this...lol :3:

• Haha 1

If you’re going to include travel in your story, “Ride Tales” would be the place. About your bikes and the WC visit, “ Motorcycle Talk” should do it. :thumbsup:

But with your resume, you can do whatever the heck you want! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The picture of me and Wes sitting beside  each other in my garage, we are watching this very documentary and he is giving us all play by play....very surreal.... :)

• Like 3