IGNORED

KLIM Altitude Women’s Jacket and Pants Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

KLIM Altitude Women’s Jacket and Pants Review intro

After having two kids and a motorcycle accident, getting back to riding was an adventure in itself. Finding the proper gear was the first step. I searched around a few major brands and eventually narrowed it down to the Klim Altitude jacket and pants because of Klims reputation for premium quality and protection.

Klims sizing has always been mysterious to me. Most say it fits big but in my experience ladies’ sizing felt a little snug around the waist and hips. It helps that their website has a “Fit Wizard” where you can enter your sizing for some major consumer brands and it will give you a size suggestion. After some research, my conclusion was that their sizing gaps are bigger than most brands, so it tends to run small for smaller sizes and big for bigger sizes. To be on the safe side, I ordered the pants one size up and am glad I did because it allowed me to add leggings under the pants. The jacket fits perfectly, with flattering waist straps so I don’t look like a robot. And I really appreciate the adjustable hip gussets that help the jacket fit different body types.

On the road, the Klim Altitude jacket and pants really gave me the confidence I was looking for. Riding posture is easily overlooked. If you spend much time in front of computers, you likely have some neck, shoulder or back issues already. Bad posture can really creep up on you if you don’t pay attention, especially if you ride for extended periods of time. The D3O armor not only provides protection during impact, but also helps maintain a good riding position while not being uncomfortably stiff.

Klim Altitude Women Review road

In cold weather a lightweight down jacket over a base layer fits well under the Altitude jacket with leggings under the pants. With this setup I never had to worry about being too cold on brisk, 40°F winter days. As the weather got warmer, the eight primary vents located around hot spots really helped bring body temperature down. While I wish it had pit zips, I don’t think most would need a mesh suit unless they’re in a hot climate and sit in a lot of traffic. If you are planning long-distance riding through various weather conditions, the Altitude jacket and pants are flexible enough to handle most types of adventure touring and will keep you dry.

Of the three colorways for the jacket and two for the pants, I like the gray with blue accent. It’s quite visible on the road and doesn’t heat up much in the sun. With 3M SCOTCHLITE reflective stripes, it’s also quite visible in the dark.

Klim Altitude Women Review 1

Either planning a long-distance motorcycle expedition or finding a single set of jacket and pants that can cover most riding conditions, Klims Altitude jacket and pants are strong options in the expanding field of women’s gear. We hope to see more!

Klim.com

MSRP: Jacket: $629.99 | Pants: $519.99

Where to Buy: 

Official Site btn    Revzilla btn     Moto Sport btn

PROS:

• Premium quality material and construction
  • Solid protective armor
  • Lots of pockets for storage
  • Plenty of zippers for ventilation

CONS:

• Missing arm pit vents
  • Confusing sizing