IGNORED

How to clean the TFT screen

alexp

For months I've looking at my screen and see what appear to be some bubbles on the screen.  Then I thought I still had the protective plastic film on it.  Yesterday I decided to remove it and realized there was no plastic film on the screen.  So is this screen glass or plastic?  What is the best way to clean it?  It doesn't look good.  I did cal the dealer and they told me remove the plastic protective screen but dont use a razor a blade. Anyone here had any issues with it?

Thanks,

Alex

My "21 didn't have the film on it but I didn't actually see the bike before purchase as I bought it from a dealer across the continent, so quite possibly they would have removed it as part of the dealer "delivery". The screen was pristine though, no "defects" of any kind. I bought a full paint protection film kit that came with a TFT protector piece that is acting as glare remover too.

The screen feels like glass to me but that is just a guess. Whatever it is made out of though should have no defects. You could try scrape gently at one of the corners, in case it does have some film on it. Seeing bubbles would suggest film on it...

2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Are you sure those bubbles aren't rain spots.:dontknow:

+1. If so, a mild vinegar solution and microfiber rag should remove them.

• 2 weeks later...