IGNORED

2006 BMW K1200GT (needs work)

Boone701

Im selling my 06 K1200 GT, It needs mechanical work that i dont have the time, money or skill to do. The bike has 35,000 miles, ive had it for less that two years, i noticed the gas mileage started to slowly decrease since i bought it, it seemed to run rough and have no power above 4000 rpm, then the bike would stall when taking off in first gear, eventually it just completely died and wouldnt start again. I took it to the BMW dealer in DePere Wisconsin, they diagnosed it as a bad coil (one cylinder isn't firing) and they said it needs a whole new wiring harness, supposedly because when you turn the bars the bike completely dies.  This would be a great bike for someone who has mechanical skills.

I really dont know what price to set on it in this condition, so im just going to ask $3000 as is

I live in Plymouth Wisconsin

Feel free to ask any questions

thanks for viewing

BMW1.jpg

BMW2.jpg

BMW3.jpg

BMW4.jpg

BMW5.jpg

BMW6.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hey y’all, 

sorry I didn’t get back to you on this post.

Update,

I decided to dive into the project and attempt to fix all the issues with the bike… it was a success!!

I found broken wires on the two plugs that go into the bottom of the ignition switch. I bought a used wiring harness for 60 bucks, cut out the 2 good plugs that I needed and soldered them into my wiring!

I then took all the plastic off (that was the hardest part) and replaced all 4 ignition coils and spark plugs, refilled the coolant, put it all back together and now the bike runs great.

I am still considering selling it, shoot me an offer if anyone is interested 

Dan