IGNORED

Dan Cata issue

Hadabadachada

Rebuilding my throttle bodies tonight. Relatively easy job. Putting things together and I’m finding it hard to get the E clip on the shaft with the thick washer, with the new gasket under it. Wondered if anyone has had this issue. 
just on the TPS side, other side went like a glove. 

Tried it dans way, by putting the clip and everything on the shaft and putting all of that though, screwing it in the plate, but it makes the shaft stick, too tight. Thought about either a smaller rubber gasket or a thinner washer.
gonna have to take a trip to the hardware store and find a washer probably easiest.

I wasn’t sure if I’m supposed to be seeing an eclipse around the edge of the butterfly or not. 

Wait a minute, going back through everything, doesn’t look like the TPS shaft take a new gasket. I’ve been going nuts for the last couple hours, went through my photos and notice the kit only has one rubber gasket on the tps shaft, guess the gasket on the tps module is the one keeping things dry. 

scratch this thread.

wish I was up in NC riding with some of you guys. Dang boss wouldn’t give me the time off. Wanted to meet up.

May try and ride up around there in a few weeks though. 

Curious, if I’m using the GS 911, shouldn’t I be able to adjust the throttle stop screws by eye, off the bike, to close the ring around the butterfly, to match as evenly as possible, then reinstall and hook up the gs 911 to adjust the tps into the green, shouldn’t the cpu just learn based on that, or am I going to have to do the “zero-zero” thing regardless?

1 hour ago, Hadabadachada said:

Curious, if I’m using the GS 911, shouldn’t I be able to adjust the throttle stop screws by eye, off the bike, to close the ring around the butterfly, to match as evenly as possible, then reinstall and hook up the gs 911 to adjust the tps into the green, shouldn’t the cpu just learn based on that, or am I going to have to do the “zero-zero” thing regardless?

Afternoon  Hadabadachada

Maybe, sort of, maybe not-- What are you working on? 

The 1100 Ma 2.2 system doesn't have TPS  learning ability. 

The 1150 Ma 2.4 has limited TPS learning but that is ONLY for the TPS position not the base (closed throttle plate) air flow.  

You need to get BOTH the base air flow & the TPS position correct for a correct idle & correct engine operation. 

This is on an 04 R1100S so I’m running the 2.4

ive just gone the zero-250mv route I’ve been reading about for the last 2 hours all these posts on this and that forum. 
seems to be the best option, based on what I’ve read. 

after checking the numbers at the TPS, tightened at 250, and adjusting the stop screw up to 340 from there, went and adjusted RH stop screw the same HALF turn that it took the LH to go from 250-340mv. Started it up and it was pretty close to balanced on the ol transmission fluid hose rig. 
got it closer and tightened the RH stop screw.

that should be that

adjusted idle with the BBS down to 1100. Now gonna adjust the throttle cables. 
hoping everything is smooth from there.

can only work for 10-15 minutes at a time in this miami heat.