IGNORED

A trip into the past , parts one and two

Steve1962

Firefight911

Wow! Those were some absolutely stunning vintage bikes!

As usual Steve, you have caught the inner essence of what your pictures are taken of.

Beautiful church as well.

Thanks!

Phil,

Speaking to some of the owners was a delight , and an education in itself ..they really are dedicated to the cause .

There must be something about Stow on the Wold ......... last time I was there I met a bloke riding a 1939 Ariel 350 cc .

Steve

What's really great about the bikes is that, with rare exception, they all look like they are ridden! Not restored to untouchable perfection. Very nice.

Speaking of rare , the bike in the first picture [ The Cotton ] ......... is one of only seven left in running order anywhere in the world .

Apparently the weekend before it had come 2nd in a bike show .......... if that was second , first must have been AWESOME.

Steve

Steve,

Outstanding pictures as always. The Cotton is incredible but I have a question. Is that a trick of photography or is the bike strapped to the trailer via the exhaust pipes?

It is indeed strapped via the exhaust !!

9,990 miles on the clock [ original ] built in 1931 , and not been run since 1942 ...........AMAZING .

A truly beautiful motorbike .

Steve

BereIsland

Great Picture's love the old bikes, I always have, even before I started riding myself, although I'm not very knowledgeable. When I find myself looking for a bike magazine to read on the train, I always come away with a classic bike mag, they are far more interesting to read.

Steve,If you were thinking of buying an English classic bike, what would you get?, maybe when I get close to retiring I'll get one.

Thanks

Steve Carter

If I had to choose , it would be down to one of these three :

Brough Superior [ as per T.E.Lawrence ]

Vincent Black Shadow

That gorgeous Cotton shown in the first photo .

Steve

Marty,

Is that really you ??grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hope all is well , I was kinda thinking you were going to get a new nickname .......Lord Lucan riding Shergar springs to mind !!

Ride safe wherever you are - sounds to me like you are really having a good time .

Steve

Archived