IGNORED

Did any of your favorite tunes make the list

Rougarou

I’ve got a dramatically different list, graduating from high school in 67 (muscle cars ruled the earth), college and Southeast Asia in the seventies (the zenith of rock IMO) and frankly many of those I’ve never heard of, guess work and raising a family removes you from some popular culture.  Your generational mindset puts blinders on much of what is transpiring I suppose. Case in point, I was waiting on my Motorhome service and the waiting room television had a Stones concert going.  Gimme Shelter (#13 on the referenced list) was blasting and tech in his thirties came through and I made a comment about the song.  The young man had never heard the song.  I was flabbergasted to say the least. 

7 hours ago, mickeym3 said:

(the zenith of rock IMO)

Doesn't most everyone think the peak of music was about that same period in their life (or perhaps the period of their life at which they were the most "into" music...which for many if not most is their late teens through early twenties)?

I've read that is the case.  Early teens through your twenties.  Just think, thousands of old farts in nursing homes contently rocking and listening to Lead Zeppelin, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Rolling Stones.  :old:

6 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Doesn't most everyone think the peak of music was about that same period in their life (or perhaps the period of their life at which they were the most "into" music...which for many if not most is their late teens through early twenties)?

Nope, there is no "peak", it's an ever evolving entity.  

Had a couple of hippie neighbors that swear the music of the 60's was the best,.......they don't actually "listen" to modern tunes. 

Here's the top ten from the Rolling Stone top 500 of 2003/2010 list

image.png.c49c9525dec7f7a59847075a7b311938.png

Interesting how the 2003 top ten and 2021 top ten changed.

Don't limit yourself to a single genre/time period of tunes........if you do,.....you are completely missing out.  

Perhaps you folks are right but I’d like to see which Sirius channels are the most popular.  Could be that demographics play a role but I’d maintain that “70’s on 7” is high on the list of music channels. Somebody prove me wrong, as my wife says, it’s not that  hard. LOL.  And please, no Sirius rants…

Here's your list

image.thumb.png.245b563ff0a90842cc01ad916c54bdd2.png

Wife is a Lithium listener,......I'm a Liquid Metal listener.

Now what you need is the age groups that have satellite radio.  If it's an older crew,.....well, they're sticking to the genre that they grew up with.

• Like 1

Look up best selling albums of all time. 

How many of the top ten albums had a song toward the top of this list?

Seems a little slanted to me. But I don't care. As long as I can find what works for me......

2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Nope, there is no "peak", it's an ever evolving entity. 

I didn’t say there was a peak. I just suggested most people thought there was. 

1 hour ago, szurszewski said:

I didn’t say there was a peak. I just suggested most people thought there was. 

No need to get jumpy there froggy, it wasnt meant as a “to you” as an individual but a “to most everyone” as you stated……and to most everyone there is no peak. 

3 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Here's your list

image.thumb.png.245b563ff0a90842cc01ad916c54bdd2.png

Wife is a Lithium listener,......I'm a Liquid Metal listener.

Now what you need is the age groups that have satellite radio.  If it's an older crew,.....well, they're sticking to the genre that they grew up with.

I have almost the same list, I listen to Ozzy's Boneyard a lot as well.

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

No need to get jumpy there froggy, it wasnt meant as a “to you” as an individual but a “to most everyone” as you stated……and to most everyone there is no peak. 

I’m confused by your response. I wasn’t being reactive. Just clarifying my question. Not sure why you’ve taken to name calling. 

32 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

I’m confused by your response. I wasn’t being reactive. Just clarifying my question. Not sure why you’ve taken to name calling. 

Wow!!,....sorry, I didn't put a couple of nod, nod, wink winks in there for you.

2 hours ago, realshelby said:

Look up best selling albums of all time. 

How many of the top ten albums had a song toward the top of this list?

Bee Gee's are in the top ten all time top selling albums,.......I don't see "Tragedy" in the RS Top 500:(

2 hours ago, realshelby said:

Seems a little slanted to me. But I don't care. As long as I can find what works for me......

Going through the list, there are songs I don't like, but the overall vast majority are acceptable.  I dunno about the ratings though.

Almost zero, mebbee actually zero, world music styles in there.  It's listed at "500 Best Songs", yet no Beethoven, no Tchaikovsky, no Pavarotti, no Vesti La Guibba.......so, it's just a list of 500 songs.

Rock music is reinvented blues cranked up to 11 written and performed by people growing up during a time of social and cultural change, the 60's. It morphed into soft, hard, metal,  and was infused with jazz, Latin, classical, and other genre. It's withstood the test of time for a reason, everything since is either a rehash or just noise.  

18 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Almost zero, mebbee actually zero, world music styles in there.  It's listed at "500 Best Songs", yet no Beethoven, no Tchaikovsky, no Pavarotti, no Vesti La Guibba.......so, it's just a list of 500 songs.

I agree, a list of 500 songs. The "favorites" of the group that happened to publish the article. Some songs are not old enough to yet pass the test of time. Just not seeing Kanye West on any "top song" list in the 2099 countdown to 2100! Was surprised to see Sam Cook's Change is comin on the list. That...is a song that has passed the test of time.

30 minutes ago, realshelby said:

I agree, a list of 500 songs. The "favorites" of the group that happened to publish the article. Some songs are not old enough to yet pass the test of time. Just not seeing Kanye West on any "top song" list in the 2099 countdown to 2100! Was surprised to see Sam Cook's Change is comin on the list. That...is a song that has passed the test of time.

Great is great, whether the song was released yesterday or 1901, if it's good, it'll be good 10, 20, 100 years from now.

Get ur Freak on in the top 500 all timers.  Oh come now.  Might be in there with, "She loves you yea yea yea.  With a love like that, you know you can't be wrong."

Head banga, hit me
Hit me, hit me
Hit me, hit me
Yeah, hit me
Gimme some new shit, yeah
Gimme some new shit

Missy be puttin' it down
I'm the hottest 'round
I told y'all mother-ooh
Y'all can't stop me now
Listen to me now
I'm lasting twenty rounds
And if you want me (nigga) then come and get me now
Is you with me now?
Then biggie-biggie-bounce
I know you dig the way I sw-sw-switch my style
(Holla) People sing around
Now people gather 'round
Now people jump around

Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your, get your, get your, get your, get your freak on

Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on

Who's that bitch?
People you don't know
Me and Timbaland been hot since twenty years ago
What the dealio?
Now what the drilly, yo
If you wanna battle then (nigga) let me know
Holla, gotta feel me son
Let me throw you some
People here I come
Now sweat me when I'm done
We got the radio shook like we got a gun

Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on

Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on

Quiet!
Shh, hush your mouth
Silence when I spit it out, in your face
Open your mouth, give you a taste
Holla, ain't no stoppin' me
Copywritten, so don't copy me
Y'all do it, sloppily
And y'all can't come close to me
I know you feel me now (yes)
I know you hear me loud (yes)
I scream it loud and proud (yes)
Missy gon' blow it down (yes)
People gon play me now (yes
In and out of town (yes)
'Cause I'm the best around (yes)
With the crazy style

Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on

Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on
Go, get your freak on

While a decent song, I don't see how it makes top ten of all time. No way. 

I don't even see it top 100. I'm not ripping on the song, I have turned it up many times, but it is not on my list when "hmm, what do I want to listen to?" Way too many better choices.