IGNORED

2013 F700GS Booster Plug

TSConver

So I pulled the K&N filter out, I hate them, seen too much dust get past them on other application.  Put a stock filter back in it.  

Found that it has a small box added to the air monitor labelled booster plug.  Pretty sure it is this, BOOSTERPLUG BMW F700GS (2013-2016).  Solve BMW F700GS problems | Simple & effective modification (boosterplug.com)

It appears that the original installer did not run the temp probe it is just ziptied right at the module.  So I am going to run it up to the intake horn like the instructions say.

Question is this a value add or should I remove it?  Bike runs well with it on right now so I am tempted to leave it alone other than moving the temp sensor.

On 9/6/2021 at 11:37 AM, TSConver said:

So I pulled the K&N filter out, I hate them, seen too much dust get past them on other application.  Put a stock filter back in it.  

Found that it has a small box added to the air monitor labelled booster plug.  Pretty sure it is this, BOOSTERPLUG BMW F700GS (2013-2016).  Solve BMW F700GS problems | Simple & effective modification (boosterplug.com)

It appears that the original installer did not run the temp probe it is just ziptied right at the module.  So I am going to run it up to the intake horn like the instructions say.

Question is this a value add or should I remove it?  Bike runs well with it on right now so I am tempted to leave it alone other than moving the temp sensor.

Afternoon TSConver

It depends, it can help slightly at first start & cold ride-away but once the engine goes into close loop operation the engine control electronics will just learn around it & negate it, so it will do no good during regular warm engine riding.

Personally I would just remove it, it will then take a while of riding for the fueling computer to unlearn the fueling adaptives