IGNORED

cribbage players at the unrally

randy

i officiate volleyball tournaments. for whatever reason, the volleyball community is a big cribbage playing group. so at any event there are always a few games going on during down time.

I am at the KOA and was wondering if there were any other cribbage players attending the unrally and if some nightly games might be arranged. Let me know and I will bring my board and cards.

Calvin  (no socks)

Randy, I play... It depends how many adult beverages are consumed as to how well I play....1 = good, 2= fair, 3+ =poor. grin.gif

Randy,

I grew up watching my Navy Chief father and Army Non-Com uncle "haul timber" around the peg board, all the time telling me to "count your fingers" when playing with either of them. smile.gif

I'll play. I'm at the KOA Campground also. Beer helps my game too!!

Mike05

great that makes 4. good cribbage can handle up to 8 players. If anyone has a idea to learn, please join us. I do not drink, so my play stays bad all the time, but I enjoy the game. look forward to seeing everyone.

I long to hear... "Fifteen, two, fifteen, four, double run of 3 is 12 and nobs".

Still unsure if I will be there, but if I do end up heading to the Un, I will be camping and definitely playing.

Have fun.

Randy, I play... It depends how many adult beverages are consumed as to how well I play....1 = good, 2= fair, 3+ =poor. grin.gif

You're ahead of me. My scale would be: None = bad, 1 = worse, 2 = hopeless, 3+ = skip the game and just take my wallet already. grin.gif

When I was little, my grandpa use to give me his pocket change. I'm pretty sure he won it all back from me playing cribbage.

What's the smallest amount per point that anyone would be willing to play for? wink.gif

Count me in. Susan and I will be staying at the hotel (headquarters). Had fun teaching 30 fifth graders cribbage this year. Still not the greatest player myself, but up for it.

first, i do not gamble, so playing for money is out for me. if the rest want to play per point i understand

second if we all play, looks like about 8 of us, two decks four pairs, sounds like fun.

my son and I played last night. he beat me (again) I am thinking i should send him to Gunnison :-), make for better competition for you guys

Randy, I admire you. It takes a big man to admit to looking for cribbage partners on an international motorcycle site. You go, sir. tongue.gif

well considering the nicest thing you have said to me before is, "your a Cheap Bastard" I will take this as a compliment.

On the other hand, I really have to be honest, my Dad was born and raised until age 16 in London, England. Then came over to America at the end of WW II. So I grew up playing with him, and I now play a couple times a week with my son. In addition, with no input from me, it seems the volleyball Official's community loves cribbage. So when I started officiating volleyball at the Division II, and III level, I was amazed to show up at the first event and see two separate games being played.

I do not drink, I do not smoke, I do not do bars, so unfortunately my only social contribution is to set up cribbage games.

pretty sad I know, but I muddle through life as best I can.

but thanks for the compliment, I rarely get any, and appreciate all I can get thumbsup.gif

well considering the nicest thing you have said to me before is, "your a Cheap Bastard" I will take this as a compliment.

Ah, come on. That was the nice thing I said about you! tongue.gif

Sorry, Randy. It's just too easy. You know I love ya, though.

Archived