IGNORED

Stuff mostly for free

Nevets

Hey all -

I sadly sold my 2003 RTP earlier this year.  Was time, but I still miss it.

So many good times with it.  Trips, vacations, adventures, both attending and holding Tech Days, just commuting to and from work....

Anyways, I have some "extra" stuff to get rid of now that the bike is gone.  Either free or at minimal cost, with any funds going to the forum as a donation.

People were so very helpful and friendly on this forum, I feel a little guilty asking for money for anything.  So the money should go back to the forum.

I did almost all of the work on the bike myself, so I have a lot of small bits and pieces.

A partial list of items:

• Marc Parnes balancer, Mojo bar, Harbor freight tire change stand.  Guessing this might still be worth a few bucks?
  • Some Mobile One 15W-50 oil, maybe a filter (thought I had some) and the filter wrench for them
  • A brake fluid change funnel tool.
  • Fuel filter
  • A bunch of bulbs and miscellaneous small pieces.
  • A couple Autocom parts
  • Probably some other minor stuff

Anybody in Michigan area interested?  Most everything could be carried on a bike except for the tire change stuff.  Although I imagine someone could try.....

I recall a time when a guy (sorry, forgot his name) made a similar offer and I rode to his place in Cadillac MI area to pick up his extra stuff.

Let me know please.

Nevets

I would gladly buy the mojo bar/pay shipping if you are willing to split them up, mine has seen better days. Likewise I could put the parnes balancer to use if that is an option. Can't imagine the changer would be worth the shipping cost.

Let me know, can also make a contribution to the sight if you like.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, thought I had a taker for all of this stuff, but it's not working out.

I found the oil filters: quantity 4 new Bosch filters, with the right wrench and 5 quarts Mobile 1.

Nobody's interested in the pile of stuff for a 2003 RT?

I suppose it could be shipped if that's the only way.

On 8/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, Deadboy said:

I would gladly buy the mojo bar/pay shipping if you are willing to split them up, mine has seen better days. Likewise I could put the parnes balancer to use if that is an option. Can't imagine the changer would be worth the shipping cost.

Let me know, can also make a contribution to the sight if you like.

I'll contact you Deadboy

• Smile 1

OK, so two takers (Deadboy and taylor1) for shipment from August 22nd, with Miguel! from Sept 12.

Would any of you three be able to use any of the other items like the oil filters/wrench/oil or the brake bleed funnel?

Thanks Steve , I am pretty much interested in the Mark Parnes and mojo bar.  Which ever is available would be great. Just let me know shipping and what you would like donated to the board  Thanks Dave

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

OK, so two takers (Deadboy and taylor1) for shipment from August 22nd, with Miguel! from Sept 12.

Would any of you three be able to use any of the other items like the oil filters/wrench/oil or the brake bleed funnel?

I just need the mojo bar honestly, I have a funnel and oil filter already, and a balancer.

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

1 hour ago, Deadboy said:

I just need the mojo bar honestly, I have a funnel and oil filter already, and a balancer.

Really, the only thing I could use is the Marc Parness balancer. If you have tire irons, I'll take those too. Let me know if that works for you. Of course I'll pay shipping (via PayPal, Venmo or Zelle). Might be easiest to just put it in one of those USPS express boxes at the Post Office to minimize hassle for you. Thanks for your consideration. I'd be glad to make donation to the site.

Timing is everything. I should be receiving new tires today. Please send details via PM. Thanks. Miguel

Actually rethinking this, I'd take any oil and fuel filter you have. If I ever end up with any at the end of my riding life, I'll "free-cycle" them on to someone on the site then. Miguel

OK.  Thanks for your responses, but downshift / hold-tight.   

I may be shipping the stuff to someone who replied initially.

Hoping to conclude this soon., so I'll let you know if that doesn't work out and the stuff becomes available again.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:04 PM, Miguel! said:

Actually rethinking this, I'd take any oil and fuel filter you have. If I ever end up with any at the end of my riding life, I'll "free-cycle" them on to someone on the site then. Miguel

I must say I like this idea (if it hasn't been done before) of a repository of model specific parts/tools/stuff/crap held by a member of the site. 

15 hours ago, Nevets said:
On 9/27/2021 at 5:04 PM, Miguel! said:

I must say I like this idea (if it hasn't been done before) of a repository of model specific parts/tools/stuff/crap held by a member of the site. 

The idea originated on another PTW site I participate in: ModernVespa.com. The "Free-cycle thread" there has about 1000 posts and started about 9 years ago. It's a great idea. People offer parts, wrecked bikes, clothing, accessories, accoutrements, memorabilia, and sometimes stuff not related to PTWs.  Be great to start one on BMWST.com!

Miguel (I'm Miguel on ModernVespa.com too).

Well, everything's gone except for the Harbor Freight tire change tool and the 5 quarts of Mobile 1 5W-50.

Neither would make sense (or could be) shipped.

Last call if someone wants to stop by West Michigan for either of them.

• 1 month later...