IGNORED

Unrally 2022 ?

55 minutes ago, SANTA said:

Okay so what s the poop on 2022,?      we're dying to know when, where?

Congratulation!  According to an obscure forum rule the first person to bring it up in a post is tasked with organizing the event. :5170:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

well it seems that i could organize it and it still wont happen since crossing the border may never become a reality again..... us canucks have already hosted one, although on your side of the border...

with the covid cockup, isn't 2022 the year it should happen back on the right side of the continent?

I've been through Hamilton, not to offend anyone living there but first blush says there are very few desirable riding roads,  we even struggled with Kalispell/whitefish as a possible location for similar reasons.

47 minutes ago, SANTA said:

I've been through Hamilton, not to offend anyone living there but first blush says there are very few desirable riding roads, 

lol...okay

1 hour ago, Rob Nowell said:

lol...okay

I should have said "...first blush says there are very few desirable UNRALLY riding roads".   With the new websetup its hard to tell were people domicile, are you local to Hamilton?

3 hours ago, SANTA said:

I should have said "...first blush says there are very few desirable UNRALLY riding roads".   With the new websetup its hard to tell were people domicile, are you local to Hamilton?

No, I was born & raised in Western Montana (Libby > Missoula 1959-86) and visit every summer since.  I'm hoping the border opens before next summer!

You probably don't like to repeat venues.  The proverbial but says John Day, Oregon has killer two lane paved and off highway roads as well as camping and motel space.  La Grande,  Oregon could be an option.  Just throwing out thoughts;  McCall,  Salmon, or Chalice, Idaho.  Red Lodge, Mt or Cody, WY.  Colville or Republic WA.

I have not yet attended any of your rallies, so I don't really know what all is desired besides riding.  Obviously lodging options and, I presume, maybe a "shamrock" of riding options to satisfy numbers and preferences.

10 hours ago, Red said:

You probably don't like to repeat venues.  The proverbial but says John Day, Oregon has killer two lane paved and off highway roads as well as camping and motel space.  La Grande,  Oregon could be an option.  Just throwing out thoughts;  McCall,  Salmon, or Chalice, Idaho.  Red Lodge, Mt or Cody, WY.  Colville or Republic WA.

we've had some really great Un"s in this western area,  Cody WY, Red Lodge, MT, Moscow ID, John Day OR, Rushmore SD, and id almost all of them a second or thrid time given the opportunity....   but isn't it the turn to go east?,  Our esteemed  Leaders haven't even peeped,  so we wait?

3 hours ago, SANTA said:

but isn't it the turn to go east?

I guess I was under the impression that there was one on either end of the US...  I have some learning ahead!  Hopefully, Torrey will be my initiation. 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:17 AM, SANTA said:

we've had some really great Un"s in this western area,  Cody WY, Red Lodge, MT, Moscow ID, John Day OR, Rushmore SD, and id almost all of them a second or thrid time given the opportunity....   but isn't it the turn to go east?,  Our esteemed  Leaders haven't even peeped,  so we wait?

Interesting thread, especially re the east/west switch idea. I assumed that it would go back east.   As we couldn't get across the border for this years UN I asked one of the attendees if there was any word for 2022.  The answer was 'no' as expected as usually the word comes out in January. 

I'm sure the powers that be on this site will get back to us.

Dennis Andress
On 8/21/2021 at 4:19 PM, SANTA said:

well it seems that i could organize it and it still wont happen since crossing the border may never become a reality again..... us canucks have already hosted one, although on your side of the border...

And a mighty fine UN it was!

LesterV  and his wife Nadine plus Mikerc  and some others were key in the moscow UN, i helped on the t-shirt design,  Wisconsin was a good site, with lots of great riding roads.

• Like 1